"drawing distances" in games (MoH Spearhead) with GF FX5600...

Old October 6th 03, 02:20 AM
GO

Default "drawing distances" in games (MoH Spearhead) with GF FX5600...

I've just recently upgraded my video card from a GeForce 2 MX 400 to a
GeForce FX5600 and have noticed an odd occurence in Spearhead since doing
so. Most maps seem to display ok but several have a very limited drawing
distance (ie the background just pops in out of no where). The only map I
can think of off the top of my head that does this is Verschneit). I thought
this was odd because, relatively speaking, it is quite an enclosed map.
Although the maps where I thought this would possibly occur (eg Malta and
Holland) display perfectly. I have tried adjusting a variety of the the
in-game settings as well as the driver setting but nothing seems to make a
difference.

Another slight issue that I noticed is that walls/objects in the distance
appear to be "covered" in a haze but clears up as I approach them.

I am presently running Win2k with the latest nVidia drivers.
The only other game that I am playing right now is Grand Theft Auto - Vice
City and I am having no issues with it.

Any thoughts?

TIA

Greg

Some games crash XP Home, some don't? Mother Farquhar Ati Videocards 8 January 23rd 05 09:50 PM
Old games not looking right? Colin Wilson Ati Videocards 1 October 29th 04 04:16 PM
Console games and PC games Griffin McKorn Ati Videocards 8 October 5th 04 08:22 PM
Valve's Steam, Half-Life2 and the purchase of used games John Lewis Nvidia Videocards 4 September 13th 03 09:42 PM
Which one best for EASports games?!: GeForce 4 Ti 4600 or ATI Sapphire 9600 Pro/9800?! Mangyrat Nvidia Videocards 40 September 10th 03 09:47 PM