7N400 Pro restarts

Old July 23rd 03, 05:51 PM
Paul

Thanks for the URL.
Updated Bios and now dual channel seems to work fine.
Dont know what has been done but thanks to whoever.

"boh" wrote in message
http://www.nforcershq.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=48

under New Beta Bios for 7n400Pro

"Paul" wrote in message
Would love to know where this 10A bios can be found.

Thanks

"boh" wrote in message
Yes, dual channel. There seems to be an un-official 10A bios that

handles
the dual channel properly. I guess I will forget about 2 channel for

about
month or so and it should be fixed in a proper release. thanks.

"Paul" wrote in message
Had similar prob. Are you trying to use dual channel memory?
As dual channel memory just keeps machine in
reboot loop.
Bought two 512Mb memory modules PC2700 from Crucial using their

memory
selector. Both modules use the same chip (infineon) rated at 333DDR.
If their are put into Slot 1+2 there work fine, but then the dual

channel
memory isn`t being used this way.

"boh" wrote in message
I removed one memory stick and now the problem is gone. I have

tried
2
different brands (Kingston and some generic) same problem. Seems

be
problem with this board. Anyone else had similar experiences?

"boh" wrote in message
Hi,

I have just put together a GA-7N400 Pro system with 2x512MB RAM,
2x80GB
WD
RAID drives, 10 GB application drive, MSI FX5200, Termaltake

420W
power.
No
overclocking.

I think I have all the latest drivers and bios. Sometimes one I

access
different applications it will just reboot. No bluescrueen, just

reboot
like I had pressed a button. Latest application was Symantec

Internet
Security (comes with the MB). Trying to update over the net

restarted
it
and
so did trying to remove it. It also seems like the Easy Tune 4

can
have
the
same effect.

Any clues greatly appreciated.

thanks

Old July 26th 03, 08:51 PM
Andrew K.

I have two 512mb PC2700 Crucial modules (purchased 6/03). They are unstable
for me in dual channel mode but work fine in single channel.

If a bios upgrade will help, I'll try it. I'm now using version F9.

"boh" wrote in message
I removed one memory stick and now the problem is gone. I have tried 2
different brands (Kingston and some generic) same problem. Seems to be

"boh" wrote in message
Hi,

I have just put together a GA-7N400 Pro system with 2x512MB RAM,

2x80GB
WD
RAID drives, 10 GB application drive, MSI FX5200, Termaltake 420W

power.
No
overclocking.

I think I have all the latest drivers and bios. Sometimes one I

access
different applications it will just reboot. No bluescrueen, just a