Gateway Problem Updates and so on

Old June 15th 09, 10:03 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
Acidrain34

Default Gateway Problem Updates and so on

Hello all,

I own an Gateway GT5408 Desktop Computer, however i cant locate the
correct mb drivers for it and Gateway driver site isnt much help.

Also, i need to upgrade the bios, again the gateway website is or seems
to be wrong so i need help to locate an utility of something so that i
can do these updates.

Anything, any link to find this stuff would be appreciated.

Board Model
D945GCF

Board Version
AAD739337-203

Bios Version
CF94510J.15A.0028.2006.1213.1629

Operating System
MS Vista Home Premium

Model: Gateway GT5408 Desktop Computer

Old June 16th 09, 05:39 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
Frank

Acidrain34 wrote:
Hello all,

I own an Gateway GT5408 Desktop Computer, however i cant locate the
correct mb drivers for it and Gateway driver site isnt much help.

Also, i need to upgrade the bios, again the gateway website is or seems
to be wrong so i need help to locate an utility of something so that i
can do these updates.

Anything, any link to find this stuff would be appreciated.

Board Model
D945GCF

Board Version
AAD739337-203

Bios Version
CF94510J.15A.0028.2006.1213.1629

Operating System
MS Vista Home Premium

Model: Gateway GT5408 Desktop Computer

I have the same computer. Bios version has a 2007 in it so maybe a year
later. If it would help maybe I could copy mine and email to you.
You would have to tell me how to access the file.

Frank
Old June 16th 09, 07:04 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
Ben Myers[_2_]

Acidrain34 wrote:
Hello all,

I own an Gateway GT5408 Desktop Computer, however i cant locate the
correct mb drivers for it and Gateway driver site isnt much help.

Also, i need to upgrade the bios, again the gateway website is or seems
to be wrong so i need help to locate an utility of something so that i
can do these updates.

Anything, any link to find this stuff would be appreciated.

Board Model
D945GCF

Board Version
AAD739337-203

Bios Version
CF94510J.15A.0028.2006.1213.1629

Operating System
MS Vista Home Premium

Model: Gateway GT5408 Desktop Computer

I have not had any hands-on with that model, but I am familiar with the
Intel D945 series of motherboards. My first thought is to ask why a
BIOS update is needed? Does a BIOS update correct some major
operational problem you are having?

Second, what is the operational state of Vista on the computer? Did you
recently reinstall Vista?

Third, you can download and install the motherboard drivers for any
D945-series motherboard from the Intel web site, www.intel.com . Even
though the Gateway motherboard has a BIOS slightly customized for
Gateway, the motherboard drivers are the same for all Intel (or even
other manufacturers') motherboards with a 945 chipset.

I hope this helps... Ben Myers
Old June 17th 09, 01:54 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
Frank

Default url to bios

http://support.gateway.com/s/pc/R/10...014168nv.shtml