45.23's are released.

Old September 15th 03, 04:45 PM
not me

Default 45.23's are released.

Now, the question is...

Is anyone downloading them to use? I have heard they actually run slower on
today's games. Is this true? If so, is it really worth the Aqua Scores?

Are the new drivers slower in dx8 games?

Old September 15th 03, 04:53 PM
Roger Squires

Is anyone downloading them to use? I have heard they actually run slower
on
today's games. Is this true? If so, is it really worth the Aqua Scores?

Nvidia's instructions are that you first uninstall your old drivers,
then install the Aquamark3-enhanced drivers and report your scores to the
AQ3 database to flood it with bogus scores -- which will help sell more FX
series cards to unsuspecting consumers -- and then uninstall the
Aquamark3-enhanced drivers and reinstall your old drivers to play actual
games.

Please keep in mind that since 3DMark is ignored in these
Aquamark3-enhanced drivers, that you will need to uninstall and then
reinstall the 3DMark-enhanced drivers as above.

rms

Old September 15th 03, 05:19 PM
Too_Much_Coffee ®

"not me" wrote in message
Now, the question is...

Is anyone downloading them to use? I have heard they actually run slower

on
today's games. Is this true? If so, is it really worth the Aqua Scores?

Are the new drivers slower in dx8 games?

I have a Ti4200 (Non DX9 card) and my 3DMark2001 was lower with the 45.23
drivers. I went back to 44.03. There have been some links posted here and in
the ATI NG that explain how various drivers perform with the AquaMark
benchmark. My post about the release of the benchmark has one link.

Here's another:
http://www.driverheaven.net/articles...rk3/index3.htm

Too_Much_Coffee ®

---
Got GigaNews?
http://www.giganews.com/customer/gn26215

Old September 16th 03, 12:54 AM
that bloke

I have a Ti4200 (Non DX9 card) and my 3DMark2001 was lower with the 45.23
drivers. I went back to 44.03.

Do you play games, or just benchmarks?

Old September 16th 03, 03:02 AM
Too_Much_Coffee ®

"that bloke" wrote in message
.. .

I have a Ti4200 (Non DX9 card) and my 3DMark2001 was lower with the

45.23
drivers. I went back to 44.03.

Do you play games, or just benchmarks?

Don't worry your pretty little head about it, son. LOL

Old September 16th 03, 11:42 AM
Nada

"Roger Squires" wrote:
Is anyone downloading them to use? I have heard they actually run slower
on today's games. Is this true? If so, is it really worth the Aqua Scores?

Nvidia's instructions are that you first uninstall your old drivers,
then install the Aquamark3-enhanced drivers and report your scores to the
AQ3 database to flood it with bogus scores -- which will help sell more FX
series cards to unsuspecting consumers -- and then uninstall the
Aquamark3-enhanced drivers and reinstall your old drivers to play actual
games.

Please keep in mind that since 3DMark is ignored in these
Aquamark3-enhanced drivers, that you will need to uninstall and then
reinstall the 3DMark-enhanced drivers as above.

rms

Also, keep in mind that "the mixed mode of invisible tiled based
rendering" prevents to see the actual score in Aquamark3, 3d Mark 03
and the fps results in Half Life 2 benchmarks. Which means that the
actual score on the screen after the benchmark is over will be
replaced with a 3D Mark 03 clipped plane flying through the screen
from right to left.
Old September 16th 03, 05:56 PM
that bloke

Don't worry your pretty little head about it, son. LOL

You're a bit of a looker yerself, Dad.