Game Port Adapter?

Old December 28th 03, 05:01 AM
Harry Edwards

Default Game Port Adapter?

I know to hook a joystick to the board I need an adapter that fits on
the back of the PC Gigabyte says you ahve to order it. Are they
standard or does each motherboard manufacturer have their own? I was
looking on ebay and didn't see any, but I don't know what to search
for exactly.
Old December 28th 03, 10:20 AM
Robert Patrick

dont know about the other Mobo's from Gigabyte, but my K7nnxp came with so
many extra adapters including the game port that I wouldn't have room for
any cards except my video card if I were to connect them all.

Old December 30th 03, 10:39 AM
Chris Bailey

I needed the gameport adapter too and here is the answer I got from Gigabyte
after trying to track one down for my 7nnxp.
Thank you for your kindly mail and supporting Gigabyte.
About the issue you mentioned in your earlier mail, in fact, there is a game
port cable connector on the MB. You can buy the cable for extra Game port.
The PN of the cable is 12CF1-1GM001-01. We suggest you contact your
retailer/supplier, or, contact with local distributor for asking and
ordering.
hope this helps.............Chris

Old December 30th 03, 01:06 PM
wayne

$ bucks probably cost more to ship it!

http://iocombo.com/product/showprodu...productid=01WO

if you are in UK

http://www.dabs.com/uk/productView.htm?quicklinx=2QQ3

6 pounds I think?

Wayne

news

Old January 3rd 04, 12:06 PM
NicolasM

I bought a cable with adaptator but it did not work with this card. I wanted
to keep my force feedback wheel.
I contacted GIgabit but it seems that the Game port was not in order to work
on the 8KNXP.

Sorry, I was desappointed too.

Old January 20th 04, 04:52 PM
Fred

Hi.

I heard there is a USB = Game Port (15 pin) cable out there somewhere that
may be the solution. Can anyone confirm if they have tried this? Thanks.

Fred

Old January 1st 05, 10:33 PM
Wuntvor

Harry Edwards Wrote:
I know to hook a joystick to the board I need an adapter that fits on
the back of the PC Gigabyte says you ahve to order it. Are they
standard or does each motherboard manufacturer have their own? I was
looking on ebay and didn't see any, but I don't know what to search
for exactly.

If you don't mind doing a little soldering this may work out for you.
Get a standard 15 Pos D-SUB Serial port slot connector. You know th
type I mean. They usually came with old MB's so you can add a secon
Serial port either a 15 POS or 25 POS D-SUB. You can pick them up a
any custom computer outlet for next to nothing (They would probabl
just give you one)

Most of these come apart really easy, just unscrew the two standoffs
pull apart the backshell/boot and viola!

Anyway rewire the 15 POS D-SUB end using the following wiring diagram:

Gigabyte MB 16 POS CONN - - - 15 POS D-SUB PC Joystick or MIDI

1. VCC - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 1. +5V Power

2. GRX1_R - - - - - - - - - - - - 3. J1CX Joystick 1 Axis X

3. GND - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 5. GND Ground

4. GPSA2- - - - - - - - - - - - - 7. J1B2 Joystick 1 Button 2

5. VCC - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 9. +5V Power

6. GPX2_R - - - - - - - - - - - - 11. J2CX Joystick 2 Axis X

7. GPY2_R - - - - - - - - - - - - 13. J2CY Joystick 2 Axis Y

8. MSI_R - - - - - - - - - - - - 15. MIDI-In / MIDI RxD / MID
Receive

9. GPSA1 - - - - - - - - - - - - 2. J1B1 Joystick 1 Button 1

10. GND - - - - - - - - - - - - - 4. GND Ground

11. GPY1_R - - - - - - - - - - - 6 J1CY Joystick 1 Axis Y

12. VCC - - - - - - - - - - - - - 8. +5V Power

13. GPSB1 - - - - - - - - - - - 10. J2B1 Joystick 2 Button 1 (Butto
4)

14. MSO_R - - - - - - - - - - - 12. MIDI-Out / MIDI TxD / MID
Transmit

15. GPSB2 - - - - - - - - - - - -14. J2B2 Joystick 2 Button 2 (Butto
3)

16. No Pin - - - - - - - - - - - -16. No Pin

Hope this help

--
Wuntvor