NVidia Quadro2 pro question. (Dual monitor and Drivers)

Old August 29th 08, 06:51 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Jim P[_2_]

Default NVidia Quadro2 pro question. (Dual monitor and Drivers)

I have an older NVIDIA Quadro2 Pro graphic card and I am using it on a web
server.
What I would like to know is where can I find the correct drivers for this
card.
I am currently using V7.1.89 that I downloaded from the NVIDIA site. Is this
the correct one?
Also, I am using 2 Dell 21" Flat panels with this card. I want to be able to
use both monitors independently.
Can this be done with the card I have or am I stuck looking at the same
thing on both screens.

Any suggestions or tips would greatly be appreciated.

Jim P

Old August 30th 08, 04:52 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
deimos[_2_]

Jim P wrote:
I have an older NVIDIA Quadro2 Pro graphic card and I am using it on a web
server.
What I would like to know is where can I find the correct drivers for this
card.
I am currently using V7.1.89 that I downloaded from the NVIDIA site. Is this
the correct one?
Also, I am using 2 Dell 21" Flat panels with this card. I want to be able to
use both monitors independently.
Can this be done with the card I have or am I stuck looking at the same
thing on both screens.

Any suggestions or tips would greatly be appreciated.

Jim P

The Quadro 2 Pro has been obsoleted and classified as a legacy product.
The 71.84 WHQL drivers were the last official ones to support it.
Like any multi display configuration, you can run either the NView setup
wizard or the built in Windows dual view capability ("Extend my desktop
to this display" under Display Properties).
Old September 2nd 08, 12:52 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Jim P[_2_]

"deimos" deimos@localhost wrote in message
Jim P wrote:
[...]

Thanks Deimos

I have tried the 71.84 drivers and I could not find the "extend my
desktop..." settings.
I will load them again tonight and take a look.

Jim P

Old September 6th 08, 02:40 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Jim P[_2_]

Jim P wrote:
[...]

What I am finding:
When I connect screen one to the blue connector as my primary screen and
connect screen two the the white connector as
my secondary screen it only gives me the option of one monitor. I can select
either one as my primary and then the other will not
work. If I connect screen two with the adapter (white to blue) both screens
do work, but have the same image.

Can this graphics card show two different images?

Thanks

Old September 11th 08, 10:17 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
johns

I don't think any graphics card can do that. It is
a good idea that the graphics industry has blocked
for years. I need an engineering CAD monitor on the
desk, and I would like to put a document monitor on
a pivot up behind the CAD monitor. No way. I can of
course run the CAD app in a reduced window, and put
a document in another reduced window on the 2nd
monitor, if I'm running an extended desktop, but
that is clumsy at best. You'd think with all these
"quad" core gizmos they'd give us two independent
screens, but hell no. I've heard rumors that SLI
in "independent" mode might do it, but I've never
seen it. I would immediately buy any and all hardware
needed for about 100 machines if it worked.

johns

johns
Old September 12th 08, 12:04 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Norman Peelman

johns wrote:
I don't think any graphics card can do that. It is
a good idea that the graphics industry has blocked
for years. I need an engineering CAD monitor on the
desk, and I would like to put a document monitor on
a pivot up behind the CAD monitor. No way. I can of
course run the CAD app in a reduced window, and put
a document in another reduced window on the 2nd
monitor, if I'm running an extended desktop, but
that is clumsy at best. You'd think with all these
"quad" core gizmos they'd give us two independent
screens, but hell no. I've heard rumors that SLI
in "independent" mode might do it, but I've never
seen it. I would immediately buy any and all hardware
needed for about 100 machines if it worked.

johns

johns

Um, I run three monitors here (linux) and can set the resolutions
independently of each other just fine. I don't use any 'extend my
desktop' type of stuff. I simply have three separate desktops that the
mouse can traverse (but I can't drag windows across unless I 'glue' the
screens together by setting other options - but I don't need too.) You
should be able to do what you want without any problem.

--
Norman
Registered Linux user #461062
Old September 12th 08, 08:52 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
johns

That sure can't be done in Windows. Each monitor
talks to the Driver God, and one of them will
win out over the others, and that is all you
get. Separate desktops are impossible in windows.

johns