Benchmarking

Old May 30th 04, 02:41 PM
Robert

Default Benchmarking

I read a few days ago here about a guy overclocking his cpu according to the
"expert advice" from clowns like "misfit" that roam here. And he apparently
blew it. Since this guy was using a celeron, he obviously doesn't have a lot
a money to waste like the rest of us, or it was a "hand me down". And now
he's got nothing. So go ahead, give yourselves a pat on the back cause your
all clearly legends in your own minds, stars... among yourselves.
Fortunately for those who are really more informed, there are benchmarking
tools like aquamark 3, pcmark and 3dmark After listening to the same Bs from
work, I gave it a shot on a XP 2100 and later a xp2600. The 2100 wouldn't
even boot after stepping the fsb to 166 and on the 2600 the hard drives were
so unstable I had to edit video twice, if it wasn't already corrupted. On
the 2100 after overclocking it the proper way, I gained 130 points(3dmark)
sliding the fsb from 133 to 139 and another 100 pts running the pc3200 at
333. After overclocking the 2600(fsb 166 to 200), the benchmark showed I had
only gained 200pts. It was like "misfit" putting a dragster on a frozen
lake, thinking he was going places. But instead your all just sitting and
spinning. Sure it blew through editing a heck of a lot faster, but it wasn't
any good anyway. So where is the benefit of doing the stupid things you all
are suggesting? Seeing what's going on here reminds me of the newbie
backyard mechanic doing his first front brake pad change successfully and
thinking he's now a licensed mechanic. You sit down at your desk hit the +
key a few times and all of a sudden your computer engineers.
For all you newbies out there, best hit the magazine rack. A good place to
start is a magazine called PC Modder from CPU magazines. Or you'll be
joining your poor "computer brother" with nothing but a shell.

Old May 30th 04, 11:03 PM
Dublevay

"Robert Jackson Marley" wrote in message
hmmm....someone please take it from here (Wes, Ben, etc)

No. Just ignore him. He's a total penis, who has obviously had some bad
experiences in the past. Feel sorry for him. He has never had the feeling of
getting something for nothing, and so just sees jealousy when he hears of
all of our decent overclocks. He is the bloke who walks around with a black
cloud above him. The eternal pessimist. We know it, and the stores he shops
at know it too. That's why they are selling him really crappy equipment!!
;o)

JW

Old May 31st 04, 03:54 AM
Robert Jackson Marley

btw i as well as most ppl here do have successful overclocks... i have a
locked 2500 (166x11) oc'ed to 208x11, which is a nice 500 MHz oc....

Old May 31st 04, 04:35 AM
~misfit~

Robert wrote:
I read a few days ago here about a guy overclocking his cpu according
to the "expert advice" from clowns like "misfit" that roam here. And
he apparently blew it.

What did he blow?

Please reference the thread so this can be verified.

Since this guy was using a celeron,

Then it wasn't the CPU he blew, Intel has been implementing thermal
protection on their CPUs for years now. (Look it up)

he
obviously doesn't have a lot a money to waste like the rest of us,

You have money to waste? Shame you don't have extra brain-power instead.

or....

blah blah blah

You're just a troll Bobby, and a very poor one at that. Go back to your
Playstation, Daddy wants his computer back.
--
~misfit~

---

Old May 31st 04, 08:06 AM
Dennis E Strausser Jr

"HSV Guy" wrote in message

"~misfit~" wrote in message
Robert wrote:
[...]

Thanks for being a user of this, that reminded me to update mine.
Yeah ha!! for ~misfit~
I just ordered some Kingmax 2700 (DDR333)
How far do you think I can push the stuff?
And for this Robert guy, go to something simple, or go away.
Something crazy I want to say before I sign off this post, looking for Sega
Genesis Stuff.
I wish I still had the URL, this guy was saying he was able to Overclock
the 68000 MPU
of the Sega Genesis,,,,,, Ah, huh. What the heck is the point of doing
that?
Oh yeah, I really want to play the games faster then they need to go...
Denny. :-)

Old May 31st 04, 04:39 PM
OZoNE

"Robert" wrote in message
[...]

The sad ironey of this post is that Most of us do overclock succsesfully and
some have come to problems.
But My Own experiances are.
AMD P100 @ 120
PII 266@300
PII 550@600
k6-2 500@550
Athlon SlotA 550@750
Athlon Socket A 800@1000
Athlon 1700+ 1433@1800Mhz
Athlon 2100+ 1733@2200Mhz
Athlon barton 2500+ Mobile 1833@2300Mhz
the PII 550 was a katami core and ran in my GF BF6 system with 112FSB.
the 4 Athlons where and are mine as with the k6-2 and p100
Been overclocking a looong time and never fried anything.....
All cpu's mentioned are still in working systems i passed out to family
members as Better then what they had or as Just what they need.
And yet...no instability in any...only system not still runnin...p100.
And thats cuz im gonna rebuild it for Linux when I get off my ass to learn
Linux.
OZoNE

3dmark benchmarking O/C's ferdelance Overclocking 1 August 26th 04 06:14 AM
Benchmarking question Naj Overclocking 7 February 15th 04 10:37 AM
Basic benchmarking Steve General 18 September 9th 03 01:04 PM
Basic benchmarking Steve Overclocking 18 September 9th 03 01:04 PM
Hard Disk Benchmarking Program Marcus Overclocking 5 August 19th 03 03:32 AM