A8V-E SE reviews

Old March 31st 06, 03:43 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus

Default A8V-E SE reviews

I haven't been able to find any formal reviews online for the fairly new
A8V-E SE mobo:

http://usa.asus.com/products4.aspx?m...l2=15&l3 =143

I understand that it does a better job with dual-core CPUs than the older
A8V Deluxe (which is still a great board IMHO). The A8V-E SE has PCI-E, too.
If you've tested or installed this motherboard yourself, what is your
opinion of it?

Old March 31st 06, 06:40 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus

On Thursday 30 March 2006 19:43, Hackworth
) wrote:

I haven't been able to find any formal reviews online for the fairly new
A8V-E SE mobo:

http://usa.asus.com/products4.aspx?m...l2=15&l3 =143

It's slim pickins. I eventually gave up looking for reviews, buying the
board on a whim.

I understand that it does a better job with dual-core CPUs than the older
A8V Deluxe (which is still a great board IMHO).

I have the single-core AMD64 3700+ "San Diego".

If you've tested or installed this motherboard yourself, what is your
opinion of it?

I bought a new system with the A8V-E SE with 2x512MB DDR333 memory about six
weeks ago. I installed Kubuntu 5.10 for and it's been 100% usable and
stable for both the 32- and 64-bit installations. The SATA adapter works
(80GB Seagate 7200.8), the PATA adapter works (LiteOn DVD-RW/CD-RW), the
USB ports work, and the gigabit Ethernet works. It's the first board I've
owned where the on-board (stereo) sound is actually good, so my
soundblaster now resides in its original box.

On the neutral side, I haven't tried SATA "RAID", DDR400 memory, 8-channel
or S/PDIF audio, the parallel or game port, or any overclocking.

On the negative side, it has only two SATA devices and supports only 4GB
RAM.

I like the AV8-E SE.
Old March 31st 06, 08:07 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus

) wrote:

[...]

Many thanks. That's just the sort of feedback that we (those of us
considering this board) need.