Economics of SATA hard drive

Old June 24th 06, 04:22 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,uk.comp.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware

Default Economics of SATA hard drive

"Jim P Sharma" wrote in message
Ed Light wrote:

This thread gets pretty crumby. Personally, I don't mind gentlemen
being wrong and don't care about the opinions of obnoxious types.

And no one actually gives a damn about what you mind or care about either.

Another bully to filter.

But, wow, it's coming from another newsgroup. That's a relief.

--
Ed Light

Smiley :-/
MS Smiley :-\

Send spam to the FTC at

Thanks, robots.

Bring the Troops Home:
http://bringthemhomenow.org

Old June 24th 06, 05:06 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,uk.comp.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware

Gank wrote
Rod Speed wrote

Those of us with a clue use a credit card so that if the worst does
come to the worst, the credit card issuer gets to wear the problem.

Well, I agree with this but I still prefer to avoid eBay completely.
I feel safer that way.

Sure, some feel the same way about online sales too.

I find them both very convenient indeed.

ebay can be great for obscure stuff you cant find anywhere else too.

Old June 24th 06, 06:06 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,uk.comp.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware

Gank wrote:

"Rod Speed" wrote in message

Those of us with a clue use a credit card so that if the worst does
come to the worst, the credit card issuer gets to wear the problem.

Wrong again. Its not the issuer, its the merchant bank (acquirer). But
you don't know **** so it doesn't matter.

Old June 24th 06, 07:53 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,uk.comp.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware

"Ed Light" wrote in message news:Lh0ng.328$lv.278@fed1read12
This thread gets pretty crumby.

No, really? What makes you think that.

Personally, I don't mind gentlemen being wrong and

Yes, let everyone please take an example with your friend Merrill.

don't care about the opinions of obnoxious types.

With the exception of course of your friend Merrill.

Btw, would it kill you if you provided at least some clue as to what
message you are responding to, so we dont need to go through
consulting the headers and punch in the reference news id. ?

For someone that complains about rudeness, it is rather rude
not to use some form of attribution or a minimum of quoting.
Old June 24th 06, 09:27 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,uk.comp.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware

"Folkert Rienstra" wrote in message
reenews.net...
"Ed Light" wrote in message
This thread gets pretty crumby.

No, really? What makes you think that.

Personally, I don't mind gentlemen being wrong and

Yes, let everyone please take an example with your friend Merrill.

don't care about the opinions of obnoxious types.

With the exception of course of your friend Merrill.

Btw, would it kill you if you provided at least some clue as to what
message you are responding to, so we dont need to go through
consulting the headers and punch in the reference news id. ?

For someone that complains about rudeness, it is rather rude
not to use some form of attribution or a minimum of quoting.

"This thread" means the whole thread. Don't kill yourself trying to find
some part of it then.

It's so cross-posted and nasty that I think I'll go back to my uneventful
newsgroup that shouldn't have been included. No doubt to cheers from some
ungentlemanly types. To those ignoring or compressing them, cheers! :-)
--
Ed Light

Smiley :-/
MS Smiley :-\

Send spam to the FTC at

Thanks, robots.

Bring the Troops Home:
http://bringthemhomenow.org

Fight Spam:
http://bluesecurity.com

Old June 24th 06, 01:55 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,uk.comp.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware

Folkert Rienstra wrote:

"Ed Light" wrote in message news:Lh0ng.328$lv.278@fed1read12
This thread gets pretty crumby.

No, really? What makes you think that.

Personally, I don't mind gentlemen being wrong and

Yes, let everyone please take an example with your friend Merrill.

don't care about the opinions of obnoxious types.

With the exception of course of your friend Merrill.

Btw, would it kill you if you provided at least some clue as to what
message you are responding to, so we dont need to go through
consulting the headers and punch in the reference news id. ?

For someone that complains about rudeness, it is rather rude
not to use some form of attribution or a minimum of quoting.

Goodness me. Has the world suddenly developed a flat spot?

The epitome of rudeness/insolence himself castigating someone else for
being rude?

The very notion of it.

Hi, Folkert...

Odie
--
Retrodata
www.retrodata.co.uk
Old June 24th 06, 02:42 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,uk.comp.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware

Ron Speed wrote:

chrisv wrote
Rod Speed wrote
chrisv wrote
Rod Speed wrote

I have 2 systems with two PCI PATA cards in them
currently. Cables are quite manageable if one merely
chooses the right length of cable, rounded if desirable.

No thanks, I'm not stupid enough to flout the ATA standard.

You dont need to with SATA.

You ignore his point that cables are quite manageable.

No I didnt. And I was JUST commenting on how likely it is
that anyone WILL BOTHER TO DEVELOPE A PCI Express
RAID card for PATA drives due to the cable mess WITH THOSE.

Even you should be able to bull**** your way
out of your predicament better than that, Ron.

Cant even manage its own lines, or anything else at all, either.

Never ever could bull**** its way out of a wet paper bag.

The above shows that you clearly ignored the real
issue, that PATA cables are quite manageable,

Like hell it does ON THE LENGTH OF THE CABLE
AND STILL STAY WITHIN THE ATA STANDARD.

Never ever could bull**** its way out of a wet paper bag.

and proceeded to rant about round PATA cables.

I clearly didnt, you pathological liar.

You claiming that you "clearly didn't" rant about rounded PATA cables
is the lie, Ron, as everyone can see. Easy to see that it's YOU who
are the "pathological liar", Ron.

Period. Even with flat PATA cables.

Wrong, as always.

Ridiculous and false claim noted.

Never ever could bull**** its way out of a wet paper bag.

Never ever could bull**** its way out of a wet paper bag.

People have been managing PATA cables for years, Ron.

And plenty with a clue prefer to use SATA standard cables
instead of PATA cables that flout the ATA standard, ****wit.

Never ever could bull**** its way out of a wet paper bag.

Old June 24th 06, 03:07 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,uk.comp.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware

Folkert Rienstra wrote:

"Ed Light" wrote in message news:Lh0ng.328$lv.278@fed1read12

This thread gets pretty crumby.

No, really? What makes you think that.

Personally, I don't mind gentlemen being wrong and

Yes, let everyone please take an example with your friend Merrill.

don't care about the opinions of obnoxious types.

With the exception of course of your friend Merrill.

Btw, would it kill you if you provided at least some clue as to what
message you are responding to, so we dont need to go through
consulting the headers and punch in the reference news id. ?

For someone that complains about rudeness, it is rather rude
not to use some form of attribution or a minimum of quoting.

Funniest post of the year!!

Old June 24th 06, 07:46 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,uk.comp.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware

Some gutless ****wit sheep raper that cant even manage its own
lines, or anything else at all either, desperately cowering behind
chrisv desperately attempted to bull**** its
way out of its predicament and fooled absolutely no one at all, as always.

Old July 1st 06, 02:55 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,uk.comp.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware
Warra

On 22 Jun 2006, Rod wrote:

Find a cheaper PCI SATA adaptor on ebay.

ebay? No thank you. I find it goes like this on ebay:

œ1 for the PCI SATA card.
œ5 postage.
œ5 to œ10 for the time to complete a transaction and swap emails
and check credentials and confirm goods against description.
œ10 to chase spotty-faced ****** selling the item about delays.
œ10 for angst, grief and general wot-****ing-mess-this-is.

You clearly havent actually got a clue about using ebay.

There are plenty of commercial retail operations
that sell stuff on ebay and it isnt hard to work out
which ones those are using the feedback rating.

And if you cant find that card in a bricks and mortar operation
in that soggy little island of yours for a decent price,
http://froogle.google.co.uk/froogle?...&btnG=Search+F
roogle&scoring=p you could get real radical and order it from
somewhere outside your country from a bricks and mortar operation
that has decent prices. Postage doesnt cost much on something like
that.

And even then you find the card prolly does not work (whatever
price is asked). "I'll give you your œ1 back then mate and pay
the postage - you can't say fairer than that." **** off sonny,
after all the hassle I just want a working card.

Have you the remotest concept of how silly you look in the eyes
of those of us that have bought plenty of stuff like that off ebay
and havent got anything like the result you got ?

You are right that lots of people use eBay happily. But that has not
been my experience.

You say I look silly here. I also look damn silly too to the vendors
who have cost me money and have not given me the goods as described!
They love silly people.

Better to look silly to you than to look silly and lose money to an
dodgy eBay vendor.

Also, if I factor in the costs of time and effort in managing an ebay
purchase then I feel I could save that hassle for the cost of spending
an extra bit of cash at a local store. At least I get my goods and,
thoeretically, I have somewhere to go if they are defective.