Skybuck's "DreamPC 2006" in a COMA AGAIN !!!

Old June 4th 09, 10:05 AM posted to nl.politiek,sci.electronics.design,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,nl.comp.hardware
[email protected]

Default Skybuck's "DreamPC 2006" in a COMA AGAIN !!!

Hello,

This morning I turned on my computer, then walked away... and then as
I was away I noticed how the graphics cards fan kept spinning at top
speed.

I thought something must be wrong because normally they spindle
down... after boot.

And indeed something was wrong... the screen did not come on ?!

I simply could not believe it ?!

This is I think the third time that my "DreamPC 2006" has died in only
3 years ?!

After trying on/off a couple of times the screen still did not come
on.

I decided to remove some memory sticks because last time that was the
problem. So I removed all 4.

Then I did something stupid. I quickly stuck one memory stick back
in... but it was the wrong way around. It looked like it was in
properly though... but I think it wasn't... I did hear a click but I
am pretty sure it was still the wrong way around... It's just like a
millimeter difference between correct fit the correct way, and
incorrect fit the wrong way.

(I had just woken up, I had little light and darkness ofcourse
everywhere... because of black plastic etc, but ok.)

Not noticing it I turned on my "DreamPC 2006"... then I smelled this
incredibly bad smell.

A really bad burning smell... I have read other people describe such a
bad burning smell... so I thought... something is burning up... maybe
power supply ? but it looked ok... the fans where all spinning.

It smelled like paper burning.

I was like gjez what the **** is burning... is maybe something burning
outside ?!? So I opened door... lot's of traffic... first I thought
smell came from outside... I was like ****... what a bad day to have a
hardware failure.

So I vented my place... lot's of traffic outside.

Ok smell gone... bad traffic smell in...

Then I smelled my "DreamPC 2006"... and I could notice there was still
this bad smell around the memory chip area.

So then I knew it was my PC... it was not the traffic outside.

I removed the memory chip... then I looked at how I placed it... I
wasn't sure (hard to see, my eyes not that good anymore either
but close-up they should be fine...) but I think I had placed it
incorrectly... so now I am pretty sure about it because of the bad
smell.

And I smelled the memory chip... and oh boy ! Does it smell bad !

So that means now one memory chip fried as well probably.

However fortunately corsair sent me a backup chip in the past... so I
still have 4x1 GB sticks. (I only need 2 GB really) So I am ok at the
memory-front

However my "DreamPC 2006" is still dead/in a coma.

I have been playing "Company of Heroe's Tales of Valor multiplayer a
couple of days... last days all graphics on low for nice speed. Before
that on medium...

The "Dream PC 2006" dust filters were all full with dust.

I was too lazy to clean it...

I noticed how the sound started to crackle while playing company's of
heroe's after some hours... so I get worried...

Turned the fans on higher... even with dust filters full.

Then a day later I cleaned the dust filters...

That was a couple of days ago... then played some more CoH ToV.

And now my DreamPC 2006 seems dead ?!?!?!?!?

For me this is pretty ****ing unbelievable because my previous PC's
still work (which I am typing this message on) but at the same time
this doesn't surprise me at all.

The most likely cause *again* could be HEAT.

The second most likely cause could be *electrical failure because of
TL-light coming on in kitchen and going on."

I can hear the speakersets "plop plop plop" when the TL-light goes on.

My surround sound receiver has died as well not so long again... most
likely cause HEAT.

Second most likely cause electrical failure.

I have a backup motherboard so I can try and use that to rebuild my
DreamPC later on to see if the motherboard is dead...

It probably is dead.

I think the NVIDIA graphics cards GTX 7900 is the most likely cause of
the HEAT ?!?

So I feel like blaming NVIDIA for all of this HEAT problems I am
having with my DreamPC.

Ofcourse the dust filters have to do with it as well.

So I also blame AMD partially and I blame the whole electronics
industry for making SUCH HOT equipment.

I have learned big lessons from this:

The lesson learn is:

"Do not spent a lot of money on electronics in the future... until
they sort out the heat problems".

"Buy low heat electronics".

"Buy cheaply".

"Prepare to throw it away if it breaks".

^ Therefore get it cheaply ^

Just to do you doubters a favor I shall try to buy a "surge protector"
just in case my TL-light in the kitchen is ****ing it up...

I am not sure what good such a surge protector will do because I don't
understand it just hoping for the best.

It kinda sux... because I was looking for a new place to live... but
that might have to wait a bit...

Fortunately my old pc's still working... however now I have to find
away around window's activation bull****...

Fortunately I did install service packs in the past... so I am ok for
now.

However the coming days I will probably take a break from "computing"
in general just to have some kind of vacation after all of this
bull****... and to do some other things

Suxxx though

It's also kinda worrieing a bit since more and more goes via the
internet.

I also worry about what will happen when the internet comes to a stand-
still but we will all witness that in the near-future me thinks ?!
- high probability (?!?).

(Damn this chip-burn smell on my fingers too... and maybe in hair...
maybe even in lungs ... but we all gonna die some day... so me not
so worried about that... so first thing I am gonna do later today is
take a shower )

Bye,
Skybuck.
Old June 4th 09, 11:14 AM posted to nl.politiek,sci.electronics.design,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,nl.comp.hardware
philo

Do not feed the troll
Old June 4th 09, 03:25 PM posted to nl.politiek,sci.electronics.design,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,nl.comp.hardware
Rheilly Phoull

"philo" wrote in message
Do not feed the troll

You are right of course, but this one is such a **** I have to respond
simply to let off steam as it where :-(

Rheilly P

Old June 4th 09, 04:21 PM posted to nl.politiek,sci.electronics.design,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,nl.comp.hardware
[email protected]

God you're a moron.
Old June 4th 09, 04:45 PM posted to nl.politiek,sci.electronics.design,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,nl.comp.hardware
[email protected]

On Jun 4, 2:05*am, wrote nothing of interest.

Maybe you should get into cars and car engine mods.

Michael
Old June 4th 09, 04:45 PM posted to nl.politiek,sci.electronics.design,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,nl.comp.hardware
John Larkin

Go to Best Buy. Get an HP computer with Windows installed. Have
somebody competant set it up for you. Never open the box. Maybe it
will take pity on you and run for a year or so without commiting
suicide.

John

Old June 4th 09, 06:11 PM posted to nl.politiek,sci.electronics.design,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,nl.comp.hardware
John

schreef in bericht
[...]

Praat eens in het Nederlands, je post in een NL groep...

Old June 4th 09, 06:52 PM posted to nl.politiek,sci.electronics.design,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,nl.comp.hardware
Michael A. Terrell

wrote:

God you're a moron.

Another dimbulb.

Old June 4th 09, 06:52 PM posted to nl.politiek,sci.electronics.design,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,nl.comp.hardware
Michael A. Terrell

wrote:

On Jun 4, 2:05 am, wrote nothing of interest.

Maybe you should get into cars and car engine mods.

He should take up brewing his own beer, in a homemade still.