Water Cooler for AMD K6-III CPU

Old January 30th 05, 02:39 PM
Michael Kreienberg

Default Water Cooler for AMD K6-III CPU

[F'up set to alt.comp.hardware.microprocessors.amd]

Hello,

I am looking for a CPU Water Cooler for an AMD K6-III-
Microprocessor. Any ideas where I can still get such a
part?

(Years ago it was available as Aphanix Iceberg 1 and
from the Korean Manufacturer 3R Systems)

Thank you for any hint.

Best Regards
Michael Kreienberg

Old January 30th 05, 06:18 PM
Wes Newell

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 14:39:56 +0100, Michael Kreienberg wrote:

I am looking for a CPU Water Cooler for an AMD K6-III- Microprocessor. Any
ideas where I can still get such a part?

Unless you have some really special application for this I can't see it
being feasible. Socket 7 is the same size as socket A. You should be able
to get a socket A cooler that will cool better than an old water cooler
for socket 7. Most socket 7 coolers were really bad compared to todays
socket A coolers. If the MB has room, a TR2-M1 should keep any K6 very
cool for abut $10. And it's quiet as a mouse.

-
http://wesnewell.no-ip.com/cpu.htm

Old January 30th 05, 09:25 PM
YanquiDawg

Any watercooler system will work as long as you have the correct cpu cooling
block and holddown device.Try coldcpu.com, 2cooltek.com and
swifttech(swiftnets.com?).You might try ebay too.
Seems kind strange to be doing a watercooler for that old a system. Some kind
of class project?

Old February 2nd 05, 07:05 PM
TE Cheah

| I am looking for a CPU Water Cooler for an AMD K6-III

He should use Rain, setK6d, silver paste, remove cpu cover, add hsink to
sram, fan cool s7 pins, before buying a water cooler.
For the cost & bulk & noise & electricity need of a water cooler, he can
buy a new / used cheap sA mboard ( e.g. Chaintech 7NIL1 ) & a cheap sA
cpu, no need to OC & still get more speed + new features ( e.g. AGP v3,
USB v2, ATA133 ).
Even a Duron 1.6 & KT266a with sdr ram @133mhz CL2 can score 2068
mb/s ( in Wintune98 ). A barton on nForce2 & 2channel ddr400 @200mhz
: 3017 mb/s. The fastest I got from MVP3 & K6III400 @115x4 mhz was
just 960 mb/s. Comparison of video speeds will show more differences,
e.g. video frame rate ( in Zing player ) is only ½ without Fast Write ( which
s7 chipsets lack ).