Intel 875PBZ BIOS freeze

Old June 30th 03, 03:56 AM
Adrian

Default Intel 875PBZ BIOS freeze

When plugging in a fan to the Rear Chassis Fan connector, and trying to
access the "Hardware Monitoring" section in the BIOS, it results in a
freeze. If I switch off the PC, unplug the fan, then go back into the BIOS
and go back to Hardware Monitoring, it works and shows me fan speeds, etc.

I'm on BIOS P08 and the fan spins just fine. Because the BIOS freezes, I'm
wondering if the board's cooling system is working correctly. The system I
refer to, is the one where the board monitors the temperature and adjusts
the voltage to the fan according.

Any help would be appreciated.

~ Adrian ~

Old June 30th 03, 07:45 AM
Alien Zord

"Adrian" wrote in message
When plugging in a fan to the Rear Chassis Fan connector, and trying

access the "Hardware Monitoring" section in the BIOS, it results in a
freeze. If I switch off the PC, unplug the fan, then go back into the

BIOS
and go back to Hardware Monitoring, it works and shows me fan speeds,

etc.

I'm on BIOS P08 and the fan spins just fine. Because the BIOS

freezes, I'm
wondering if the board's cooling system is working correctly. The

system I
refer to, is the one where the board monitors the temperature and

adjusts
the voltage to the fan according.

Any help would be appreciated.

On many Intel mobos you have to move a jumper in order to enter the
BIOS.

Old June 30th 03, 08:50 AM
Adrian

On many Intel mobos you have to move a jumper in order to enter the
BIOS.

Oh, I can enter the BIOS just fine. It's when I enter the Hardware
Monitoring section (under the Advanced section) that it freezes, as long as
the fan is plugged in.

Thanks.

~ Adrian ~

Old July 3rd 03, 11:23 PM
Adrian

I've already tried BIOS P08, which was release June 27th. Same thing
happens. Do you get this same problem as well? I don't know anyone else
with a 875PBZ motherboard. I agree, the entire thiing runs fine except for
this problem.

I've no problem performing BIOS flashes, performed many in the past, all
successful.

I'd appreciate hearing if you have this problem too, or not.

~ Adrian ~

Old July 4th 03, 04:13 AM
Adrian

OK, many thanks for letting me know. I spammed Intel about this and they
suggested I try an older BIOS! Rather a lame fix to the problem.

~ Adrian ~

BIOS dead Frank General 1 July 4th 03 01:22 AM
BIOS Freezes Farinata General 1 June 25th 03 05:57 PM
Multiplier question, bios or hardware... ? Bougon General 1 June 24th 03 12:58 AM
bios hung while flashing mdp General 1 June 23rd 03 11:18 AM