will there be a price drop soon

Old September 2nd 03, 01:08 AM
deasel

Default will there be a price drop soon

Is there a price drop coming soon? I want to buy the barton 2500xp

Old September 2nd 03, 02:30 AM
WRE

Don't cpu prices always fall?

Old September 2nd 03, 03:29 AM
Fishface

deasel wrote:

Is there a price drop coming soon? I want to buy the barton 2500xp

I would guess, "Not on that model."
I think they're selling like hotcakes, anyway--
pretty good deal.

Old September 2nd 03, 03:29 AM
deasel

The price was the same for over a month, so when will it drop?
"WRE" (remove nospam) wrote in message
Don't cpu prices always fall?

Old September 2nd 03, 04:37 AM
Too_Much_Coffee ®

"deasel" wrote in message
Is there a price drop coming soon? I want to buy the barton 2500xp

I got a 2500+ from newegg for $88 awhile back. It's now $92. You can set up
an alert notice on the newegg site that will email you if the price drops to
something you like. GoogleGear has a good price on that chip last time I
checked.

Take the plunge. If you start waiting, you'll wait forever. I'm waiting for
1GHz, then I'm waiting for 1.5Ghz, then I'm waiting for a 512K L2 Cache. If
that mobo was just a few dollars cheaper, I'd get it today. GO FOR
IT...TODAY!!

Too_Much_Coffee ®

---
Got GigaNews?
http://www.giganews.com/customer/gn26215

Old September 2nd 03, 07:58 AM
Wes Newell

On Mon, 01 Sep 2003 20:08:54 -0400, deasel wrote:

Is there a price drop coming soon? I want to buy the barton 2500xp

I wouldn't expect it to drop more than 10% over the next few months.
How cheap do you want it? It's $83 shipped fedex now. Even if you wait 6
months, you probably won't save more than $20.

Old September 2nd 03, 05:04 PM
loonym

"deasel" wrote in message
Is there a price drop coming soon? I want to buy the barton

2500xp

If the 2500 barton went any lower they'd be giving them away.

Old September 2nd 03, 06:37 PM
Ed Light

"loonym" wrote
If the 2500 barton went any lower they'd be giving them away.

*Someday* it's got to wind up like a 1700 Tbred.

I wonder how long that will take?

Guess: A year and a half.

--
Ed Light

Smiley :-/
MS Smiley :-\

Old September 3rd 03, 10:14 AM
rstlne

*Someday* it's got to wind up like a 1700 Tbred.

I wonder how long that will take?

Guess: A year and a half.

Well I mean, think about it.. You need "new" processors to hit the market in
a strong fashon before the old one drops prices.. and putting the 2500+ down
really low now would mean that the 3200+ would come down to say what the
2500+ is now.. so amd's income would just go to ****..
i expect that once we see the amd64's rolling out heavy that the 2500+'s
will be dirt cheap.. but not until then

Old September 4th 03, 12:43 AM
Ed Light

"rstlne" wrote
i expect that once we see the amd64's rolling out heavy that the 2500+'s
will be dirt cheap.. but not until then

Viola! To the day when the 3200 is $50.

--
Ed Light