Can I connect SCSI scanner to USB port with adapter

Old June 14th 05, 10:51 PM
VG

Default Can I connect SCSI scanner to USB port with adapter

I have a SCSI Canon FS2710 slide scanner which I have previously been using
on my old pc, connected via a PCI SCSI card.

I now have a new pc, and am wondering if there is such a thing as a
conversion kit or special cable that will enable me to connect the scanner
to a USB port on this new machine.

This new machine is a P4 3.2GH, and comes with only three PCI expansion
slots. I am reluctant to use one of these slots for a SCSI card, as they may
well be needed for other devices.

Any suggestions would be most welcome

VG

Old June 15th 05, 12:58 AM
CSM1

There are PCI SCSI cards that will work with the Canon FS2710

If you are not going to buy a USB film scanner to replace the FS2710, then
you will have to use one of the PCI slots.

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com

Old June 15th 05, 02:59 PM
Stephen

On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 16:30:20 -0700, "DaveW" had a
flock of green cheek conures squawk out:

There is no such thing as a SCSI to USB adapter.

Then this doesn't exist?
http://www.adaptec.com/worldwide/pro...-SCSI+Adapters

Stephen

Old June 15th 05, 08:36 PM
VG

Yes. Thanks for your suggestion.
Found Adaptec 'USB2Xchange' and ordered from Amazon

VG

"T Shadow" wrote in message
. ..

Old June 15th 05, 09:33 PM
T Shadow

"VG" wrote in message
Yes. Thanks for your suggestion.
Found Adaptec 'USB2Xchange' and ordered from Amazon

VG

"T Shadow" wrote in message
. ..
"VG" wrote in message
I have a SCSI Canon FS2710 slide scanner which I have previously been

using
on my old pc, connected via a PCI SCSI card.

I now have a new pc, and am wondering if there is such a thing as a
conversion kit or special cable that will enable me to connect the
scanner
to a USB port on this new machine.

This new machine is a P4 3.2GH, and comes with only three PCI expansion
slots. I am reluctant to use one of these slots for a SCSI card, as

they
may
well be needed for other devices.

Any suggestions would be most welcome

VG

Adaptec USBXchange

Post back how you like it. I have a MATX M/B and may want to go that route
in the future. Adaptec is a little pricey but make excellent hardware.

Old June 16th 05, 12:55 AM
Gord Schindler

"T Shadow" wrote in message
"VG" wrote in message
Yes. Thanks for your suggestion.
Found Adaptec 'USB2Xchange' and ordered from Amazon

VG

"T Shadow" wrote in message
. ..
"VG" wrote in message
[...]

Yes. Please do post back. I wonder if it would enable me to connect my old
HP Scanjet 4C to my new PC.
Gord Schindler

Old June 17th 05, 12:21 AM
Stewart DIBBS

"VG" wrote in message
Found Adaptec 'USB2Xchange' and ordered from Amazon

I had a look at the adaptec site for 'USB2Xchange' .I note they mention SCSI
peripherals, but don't mention scanners explicitly. I can understand that a
disk / tape device can be converted to USB using a miniport SCSI driver:
these appear to Windows as a removable device. TWAIN data sources are often
another issue.

Has anyone actually got a scsi scanner working with its standard installed
TWAIN data source with one of these?

Stewart DIBBS

Old June 17th 05, 03:41 AM
Sam Inela

Did you check the FAQ for that thing?
http://ask.adaptec.com/cgi-bin/adapt... WdlPTE*&p_li=

"VG" wrote in message
Yes. Thanks for your suggestion.
Found Adaptec 'USB2Xchange' and ordered from Amazon

VG

"T Shadow" wrote in message
. ..
"VG" wrote in message
I have a SCSI Canon FS2710 slide scanner which I have previously been

using
on my old pc, connected via a PCI SCSI card.

I now have a new pc, and am wondering if there is such a thing as a
conversion kit or special cable that will enable me to connect the
scanner
to a USB port on this new machine.

This new machine is a P4 3.2GH, and comes with only three PCI expansion
slots. I am reluctant to use one of these slots for a SCSI card, as they

may
well be needed for other devices.

Any suggestions would be most welcome

VG

Adaptec USBXchange

FS PRINTER PARTS trays fusers drums printheads -- oki fujitsu hp genicom epson ibm dec jetdirect laserjet lexnmark qms okidata ml320 mannesmann tally printonix tektronix qms toshiba zebra otc ibm lexmark intermec dec compaq montreal canada toronto o [email protected] Printers 1 March 15th 05 05:50 AM
Updrade PC Guy Smith General 22 August 15th 04 01:57 AM
ISA SCSI scanner on Parallel/USB port? [email protected] Scanners 3 December 22nd 03 09:55 PM
I think my FX5200 is damaged...........any way to verify? Dunny Rummy Nvidia Videocards 4 October 28th 03 04:50 PM