Questions about the Aspire 5735Z laptop.

Old April 1st 09, 07:17 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Elder

Default Questions about the Aspire 5735Z laptop.

Purchssed yesterday, seems to be pretty unique among all the laptops I
have owned.

When plugged into AC power the laptop can't be plugged in.
When running purely on battery, starts fine.

When hibernating will hibernate ok, but shutdown screen is black so no
idea when it has finished.
Battery charging/charged light stays on when plugged into AC even when
hibernated.

Won't come back from hibernation when plugged into AC either.

Does this sound like normal vista basic or Acer laptop behaviour.

--
Carl Robson
Get cashback on your purchases

Old April 1st 09, 09:54 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
HH[_3_]

I'd recommend returning it to place of purchase for replacement. I have two
Acer notebooks, a 4720z and a 6930 and have them plugged into AC all the
time and they power on just fine.

HH

"Elder" wrote in message
t...
In article EcmdnRqDMLvLX07UnZ2dnUVZ_gyWnZ2d@metrocastcablevi sion.com,
says...
"When plugged into AC power the laptop can't be plugged in." ??? Say
what???

Sorry, typing faster than I can think on an unfamilar keyboard.
When plugged into AC the laptop won't power on, but when on battery
alone it will.

I haven't tried trying to trick it by having the AC adaptor plug in the
laptop but the actual adaptor out of the wall.

Old April 2nd 09, 08:29 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
[email protected]

On Apr 1, 9:54*pm, "HH" wrote:
I'd recommend returning it to place of purchase for replacement. I have two
Acer notebooks, a 4720z and a 6930 and have them plugged into AC all the
time and they power on just fine.

HH

Following up from work on google groups account.

I think I may well be doing that.
I have sorted out the hibernation issue, it does eventually hibernate
properly, it just seems to take longer than normal because the screen
is black, rather than the XP hibernation warning/progress screen I'm
used to.

I'm waiting for a reply from the vendor's email support service (Item
was bought on line, but collected direct from one of the branches) for
advice. I actually asked them for a way to get it power on, as it
wouldn't, after the initial startup/setup and restart, because I
didn't in any way figure that the AC power being connected would make
any difference to whether the laptop would start (other than being
necessary if battery flat).

Old April 4th 09, 12:33 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
[email protected]

On 1 Apr, 21:54, "HH" wrote:
I'd recommend returning it to place of purchase for replacement. I have two
Acer notebooks, a 4720z and a 6930 and have them plugged into AC all the
time and they power on just fine.

HH

Taken back today, now posting from google groups on an old Compaq P3
1GHZ SFF machine that sits in the corner running XP and doing various
network and web crap for me.

As it was the collection desk of an online company, they couldn't swap
it out, they had to refund and I needed to order online again to get
the various discounts/cashbacks I had used previously, otherwise it
would have worked out about £45GBP dearer.