P5A running XP?

Old March 1st 05, 10:05 PM
Chris

Default P5A running XP?

Hello:

I'm helping someone upgrade a computer to Windows XP. The person has an
Asus P5A motherboard. I noticed on the Asus website that there are no
drivers available for Windows XP. Does this mean the motherboard will not
run using XP or are there some generic drivers that come with XP to support
this motherboard? I know it won't be the fastest computer in the world but
all this person will be using the system for is email.

TIA
Chris.

Old March 2nd 05, 03:12 PM
JK (at mail dot dk)

On Tue, 1 Mar 2005 16:05:11 -0500, "Chris" wrote:

Hello:

I'm helping someone upgrade a computer to Windows XP. The person has an
Asus P5A motherboard. I noticed on the Asus website that there are no
drivers available for Windows XP. Does this mean the motherboard will not
run using XP or are there some generic drivers that come with XP to support
this motherboard? I know it won't be the fastest computer in the world but
all this person will be using the system for is email.

This motherboard does not have onboard sound, lan or vga. So you won't
need any drivers.

But you find them at Asus he

ftp://ftp.asuscom.de/pub/ASUSCOM/TREIBER/CHIPSATZ/ALI/

Chipset is ali aladdin.

If you have more than 256 Mbyte ram, it can run.

Max. clock speed is 500 Mhz for the cpu. Note that agp is only 2x, so
modern graphics card won't fit. Maybe a voodoo5 pci or another
powerfull pci card is better.

best regards

John
Old March 2nd 05, 03:36 PM
JK (at mail dot dk)

On Wed, 02 Mar 2005 15:12:36 +0100, "JK (at mail dot dk)"
wrote:

This motherboard does not have onboard sound, lan or vga. So you won't
need any drivers.

But you find them at Asus he

ftp://ftp.asuscom.de/pub/ASUSCOM/TREIBER/CHIPSATZ/ALI/

Chipset is ali aladdin.

Windows XP should have these ali drivers built into it. Try and see.

best regards

John
Old March 2nd 05, 03:45 PM
Egil Solberg

JK (at mail dot dk) wrote:

Max. clock speed is 500 Mhz for the cpu. Note that agp is only 2x, so
modern graphics card won't fit. Maybe a voodoo5 pci or another
powerfull pci card is better.

Most AGP-cards can be used with old AGP2X (AGP 1.0) motherboards. The
problem is the other way around, new mobos don't like old AGP2X videocards..