Multiple LCD displays controlled by PC?

Old October 10th 03, 06:56 AM
Phrederik

Default Multiple LCD displays controlled by PC?

Does anyone know of a LCD type display that can be controlled by a PC on the
serial or USB (or other) bus? Size isn't really an issue (4"x4" ???). I'd
prefer colour. Something with touchscreen would be great!

Basically I'm looking for a graphic display that doesn't need to be driven
from a VGA port.

Old October 10th 03, 05:33 PM
V W Wall

Phrederik wrote:

Does anyone know of a LCD type display that can be controlled by a PC on the
serial or USB (or other) bus? Size isn't really an issue (4"x4" ???). I'd
prefer colour. Something with touchscreen would be great!

Basically I'm looking for a graphic display that doesn't need to be driven
from a VGA port.

There are many LCD displays, but they all require driver circuitry.

You might consider using a PDA, which can interface with the PC thru
the USB port. They have a well known operating system, which should
make it easy to interface to whatever you need. They also come in
color and do have a stylus, (touch), screen.

Virg Wall

~ Carl Edward Sagan ~
Old October 10th 03, 07:13 PM
Robotnik

I have a paralell driven 2line by 24 character display that I pulled out of
an old internet router, and now I use it to display songs names on a
computer dedicated to playing music. I'm sure there are some touch screen
ones out there, and color ones. However the one I use is just 2
color.....black and white. I think it's controller is HD44780 or something
like that.... real common type.

Maybe look at some websites like BG micro.....they might have some displays
of different sorts...but I"m not for sure all the different types.

Nic

Old October 10th 03, 07:32 PM
Phrederik

"Phrederik" wrote in message
Does anyone know of a LCD type display that can be controlled by a PC on

the
serial or USB (or other) bus? Size isn't really an issue (4"x4" ???). I'd
prefer colour. Something with touchscreen would be great!

Basically I'm looking for a graphic display that doesn't need to be driven
from a VGA port.

What I'm hoping to do... and it's a bit of a strech is...

Build a PC into my van, since I'm doing some restoration anyhow. I was
hoping to use a couple of these screens in the dashboard to display temps,
MP3 info and maybe even replace the dashboard completely. If I could get a
touchscreen, I'd use it to control the audio and possibly temp controls.

Thanks!

Multiple TV in NealUK General 3 September 28th 03 06:44 AM
TV Output - Multiple Ryan P. Kennedy General 1 September 27th 03 02:11 AM
Multiple Operating systems Kelsey & Randi General 4 September 17th 03 06:05 AM
2 mice? Multiple touch touchscreen? SleeperMan General 4 July 10th 03 06:56 PM
Multi displays - onboard and seperate? - General 0 June 23rd 03 09:21 AM