Filter Key::: Is it ON? Is it OFF? Please can someone just tell me how to make it STOP!!

Old February 24th 08, 02:03 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Roy Baldone

Default Filter Key::: Is it ON? Is it OFF? Please can someone just tell me how to make it STOP!!

Sometimes while I'm pursing a text file or looking at something in
Agent, I hold down the SHIFT key as I select what I want to highlight
and do whatever with. Someone must have addressed the problem on my
last computer but on (this) my new computer I have a problem.
When I press the shift key for over 8 seconds (per my system telling
me this) I get a message telling me that I can make a decision re
Filter keys. I can leave it, or turn it off or adjust the setting.

Regardless of what I choose my system goes Ape****.
With the USE FILTER KEYS box unchecked, when I try to move my mouse
it highlights everything. If I check the box all my keys do are beep
when I press them. This seems like a creation of the devil. I cannot
seem to chose the correct response. My only option is to reboot.

Can someone help me over power this sadistic FEATURE?
I don't want the computer to do anything if I hold the SHIFT Key down
for 8 seconds, 8 minutes or 8 hours. I'm not trying to send any
secret messages.

Under
Settings for Filterkeys
I unchecked USE SHORTCUT

I would think that this would fix the problem, but as nothing is as it
seems ( to me at least ) dealing with this option, and the fact that I
have to reboot between each change to see if it worked, I was hoping
someone could chime in here.

I using XP and I used its help option which was pretty useless.
After I reboot I'll scour the web.

Any help appreciated.

Roy
Old February 24th 08, 02:57 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Dave

http://internetducttape.com/2006/08/...s-permanently/

Old February 25th 08, 01:24 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
John Doe

Roy Baldone wrote:

Sometimes while I'm pursing a text file or looking at something in
Agent, I hold down the SHIFT key as I select what I want to
highlight and do whatever with.

Hmm.

When I press the shift key for over 8 seconds (per my system
telling me this) I get a message telling me that I can make a
decision re Filter keys.

The don't do that.

Under Settings for Filterkeys I unchecked USE SHORTCUT I would
think that this would fix the problem, but as nothing is as it
seems ( to me at least ) dealing with this option,

It works fine here.

and the fact that I have to reboot between each change to see if
it worked,

No rebooting required here.

Roy

I would turn off everything in Accessibility Options that looks like
something you don't need or won't be using.

usb filter jie Homebuilt PC's 11 August 16th 06 12:10 PM
PC Fan Filter? Joe Yong Homebuilt PC's 9 December 10th 05 07:36 AM
How Do I Make HP LaserJet Stop Reprinting on Error? TC Printers 2 July 12th 05 02:55 AM
Please make it STOP! HP7110 all-in-one Petey the Wonder Dog Printers 1 April 5th 05 06:59 PM
Coffee Filter = Dust Filter ? Daniel P Overclocking AMD Processors 10 May 13th 04 03:02 AM