TV Tuner Help

Old May 1st 07, 09:18 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Arun Subramanian

Default TV Tuner Help

Hello People,

I have a ATI tv wonder pro pci tv tuner card......
the card accepts only ntsc cable signal. but my cable signal is
PAL..... so the card is not able to catch the channels
properly........ is there any way to make the card work with pal
signals ???

any help / suggestions would be appreciable......

thnx
Arun

Old May 1st 07, 09:53 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
meerkat

"Arun Subramanian" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello People,

I have a ATI tv wonder pro pci tv tuner card......
the card accepts only ntsc cable signal. but my cable signal is
PAL..... so the card is not able to catch the channels
properly........ is there any way to make the card work with pal
signals ???

http://www.digitalfaq.com/dvdguides/...avi/atiavi.htm

Set the card in the software, to PAL.

Old May 1st 07, 07:22 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Arun Subramanian

On May 1, 1:53 am, "meerkat" wrote:
"Arun Subramanian" wrote in message

oups.com... Hello People,

I have a ATI tv wonder pro pci tv tuner card......
the card accepts only ntsc cable signal. but my cable signal is
PAL..... so the card is not able to catch the channels
properly........ is there any way to make the card work with pal
signals ???

http://www.digitalfaq.com/dvdguides/...avi/atiavi.htm

Set the card in the software, to PAL.

Hi,
thnx for the reply.....
yes i saw the options dialog box...... in that the pal and other
standards are enabled only for s-video and composite video
types ......
not for the direct tv tuner cable input which will be from my cable
line ..........::::

Old May 1st 07, 07:27 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
meerkat

"Arun Subramanian" wrote in message
ups.com...
On May 1, 1:53 am, "meerkat" wrote:
"Arun Subramanian" wrote in message

oups.com... Hello
People,

I have a ATI tv wonder pro pci tv tuner card......
the card accepts only ntsc cable signal. but my cable signal is
PAL..... so the card is not able to catch the channels
properly........ is there any way to make the card work with pal
signals ???

http://www.digitalfaq.com/dvdguides/...avi/atiavi.htm

Set the card in the software, to PAL.

Hi,
thnx for the reply.....
yes i saw the options dialog box...... in that the pal and other
standards are enabled only for s-video and composite video
types ......
not for the direct tv tuner cable input which will be from my cable
line ..........::::

Best I can offer Arun, is to try www.google.com, and type
in ...ATI forum.
Seems to be a few places to ask.

Old May 1st 07, 08:17 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
kony

On 1 May 2007 01:18:33 -0700, Arun Subramanian
wrote:

Hello People,

I have a ATI tv wonder pro pci tv tuner card......
the card accepts only ntsc cable signal. but my cable signal is
PAL..... so the card is not able to catch the channels
properly........ is there any way to make the card work with pal
signals ???

The hardware is different, it is not just a software change
necessary. Most people would just buy a PAL card instead of
desoldering the NTSC tuner box, then finding and soldering
on the PAL tuner.
Old May 1st 07, 08:46 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Jeff

On May 1, 1:53 am, "meerkat" wrote:
"Arun Subramanian" wrote in message

oups.com... Hello
People,

I have a ATI tv wonder pro pci tv tuner card......
the card accepts only ntsc cable signal. but my cable signal is
PAL..... so the card is not able to catch the channels
properly........ is there any way to make the card work with pal
signals ???

http://www.digitalfaq.com/dvdguides/...avi/atiavi.htm

Set the card in the software, to PAL.

Hi,
thnx for the reply.....
yes i saw the options dialog box...... in that the pal and other
standards are enabled only for s-video and composite video
types ......
not for the direct tv tuner cable input which will be from my cable
line ..........::::

Where did you get a PAL DirecTV tuner?

Old May 1st 07, 09:10 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Paul

Arun Subramanian wrote:
On May 1, 1:53 am, "meerkat" wrote:
"Arun Subramanian" wrote in message

oups.com... Hello People,

I have a ATI tv wonder pro pci tv tuner card......
the card accepts only ntsc cable signal. but my cable signal is
PAL..... so the card is not able to catch the channels
properly........ is there any way to make the card work with pal
signals ???

http://www.digitalfaq.com/dvdguides/...avi/atiavi.htm

Set the card in the software, to PAL.

Hi,
thnx for the reply.....
yes i saw the options dialog box...... in that the pal and other
standards are enabled only for s-video and composite video
types ......
not for the direct tv tuner cable input which will be from my cable
line ..........::::

According to this, there are at least two different versions of card.
This is a PCI card version.

"ATI TV Wonder Pro"
http://ati.amd.com/products/tvwonderpro/specs.html

"TV-tuner Requirements
TV signal from amplified antenna or cable. Versions available for:

* NTSC (North America, Japan and Latin America)
* Universal PAL/Secam (Europe and International PAL/Secam countries)

Features vary from country to country and depending on the television
standard."

Here is a seller advertising the NTSC version:

http://www.ncix.com/products/index.p...anufacture=ATI

If I go to the BTTV gallery, it looks like the card might ship with two
or three different tuners.

%ATICXTUN.DeviceDescPMK5%= ATICXTUN.FQ1238MK5, STREAM\ATICXTUN.FQ1238MK5
%ATICXTUN.DeviceDescPMK3%= ATICXTUN.FI1236MK3, STREAM\ATICXTUN.FI1236MK3
%ATICXTUN.DeviceDescP4in1%= ATICXTUN.Philips4In1, STREAM\ATICXTUN.Philips4In1

The FI1236MK3 is listed in another INF as "PHILIPSNTSC".

If I download the TV Wonder Pro driver straight from ATI, the aticxwxp.inf lists

%ATICXTUN.DeviceDescPMK3%= ATICXTUN.FI1236MK3, STREAM\ATICXTUN.FI1236MK3
%ATICXTUN.DeviceDescP4in1%= ATICXTUN.Philips4In1, STREAM\ATICXTUN.Philips4In1

I cannot find any further information on the "Philips4In1", whether the tuner
is PAL/SECAM or whatever. When I've gone looking for tuner information in the
past, it is virtually impossible to find technical info.

This is the BTTV gallery. Note that this page, or the "high resolution"
version, take a long time to download, and your browser will need 1GB
of RAM or so, to display the results. So don't go here, if you are on a
dialup connection, because it will take forever to load. As it is,
I have to quit my browser when finished with this page. The gallery
contains pictures of tuner and capture cards, with some info copied
from the INF, or perhaps part numbers listed from the cards.

http://www.bttv-gallery.de (caution - a large download / needs RAM)

Paul
Old May 1st 07, 11:27 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
DaveW[_2_]

No.

--

DaveW

___________
"Arun Subramanian" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello People,

I have a ATI tv wonder pro pci tv tuner card......
the card accepts only ntsc cable signal. but my cable signal is
PAL..... so the card is not able to catch the channels
properly........ is there any way to make the card work with pal
signals ???

any help / suggestions would be appreciable......

thnx
Arun

had WinMCE and TV tuner, but decided to rebuild the OS using WinXP Pro -- now I'd like to have an operating TV tuner again albert Ati Videocards 6 December 16th 06 02:37 PM
ATI TV Tuner John Ati Videocards 2 July 5th 06 02:43 AM
TV Tuner, what's in yours and what do you think of it? Bryan Dell Computers 9 June 18th 05 01:10 AM
Is the ati all in wonder a hd tuner A1 Ati Videocards 1 December 24th 03 04:57 AM
tv tuner J.Clarke Ati Videocards 6 August 25th 03 07:55 PM