New build, Abit nf7s + Xp2600+

Old September 28th 03, 05:38 PM
chris

Default New build, Abit nf7s + Xp2600+

Just finished building my new system and am very pleased with it. Previous
sys was Abit kd7 + xp2400.

I have decent ocz pc3200 mem, what sort of overclocks are people getting
with the Xp2600? Mines running at a conservative 10.5x200 and is stable as
they come. It has already benchmarked higher than my old sys did when fully
oc'd (12500 3dMse01 versus 13070 with new sys - gf4ti4400 not o/c'd yet).

is 2.3Ghz attainable? what fsb/multi combo?
all help and advice much appreciated

chris

--
SPAMTRAP - remove PANTS to reply

Old September 28th 03, 06:34 PM
\(\) |V| 3 G A

i`m sure you realise all chips are different. so 1 2400+ will overclock
better than another 2400+

just crank up FSB untill something gives way, back off a few mhz's, then
fiddle with multiplier. once your cpu gives way, throw some more voltage at
it (add 0.5v every time), and then repeat procedue.

a note of warning, keep your eye on temps. the faster you go, and the more
voltage you stick through the chip, the hotter it gets.
you may need a better cooler if your only using a standard/amd stock hsf.

on my setup:
1800+ tbred B 1.5v watercooled
2x pc3200 twinmos 256mb ram running dual channel
a7n8x deluxe rev2.0 (which i`ve recently killed due to voltmod disaster, a
new one will take it's place on tuesday)

i can get to 200fsb stable (205fsb if i dont run command &conquer generals)
* 12 multiplier @ 2v vcore. (from 1.53ghz upto 2.4ghz)

as always, overclock at your own risk.

tim draper

Old September 28th 03, 07:26 PM
Wayne Youngman

"chris" wrote

is 2.3Ghz attainable? what fsb/multi combo?
all help and advice much appreciated

Hi,
that NF7-S (v2.0) is a really nice board. It's a great platform to
*experiment* with. I would give yourself a few days to test out the
overclock. I got 2.3GHz out of my 2500+ but had to up vCore to 1.9v, so I
went back down a notch to 2.2Ghz using 1.75 (10x220).

Just use something like EXCEL to pre-work out all the various combinations,
a copy of mine is he

http://www.waynes.spamtrap.btinterne..._Overclock.xls

Makes life allot easier for beginners like me :P
--
Wayne ][

Barton (AQXEA) XP2500+ @ 2.2GHz (10x220) - 1.75vCore
CoolerMaster Aero 7 Lite - 3,200rpm
ABIT NF7-S (v2.0 - BIOS#14)
512MB Dual TwiSTER PC3500 @ DDR440 (8,3,3,2.0 - 2.8v)
Sapphire Atlantis 9800 - 3.3ns Samsung
240GB (2x120GB) WD-SE SATA RAID-0 (16k Stripe)
Antec SX630II Mini-Tower Case Inc 300w PSU
WinXP-PRO-SP1
Cat 3.7 - DX9.0b

Old September 28th 03, 11:03 PM
chris

"Wayne Youngman" wrote in message
Hi,
that NF7-S (v2.0) is a really nice board. It's a great platform to
*experiment* with. I would give yourself a few days to test out the
overclock. I got 2.3GHz out of my 2500+ but had to up vCore to 1.9v, so I
went back down a notch to 2.2Ghz using 1.75 (10x220).

Just use something like EXCEL to pre-work out all the various

combinations,
a copy of mine is he

http://www.waynes.spamtrap.btinterne..._Overclock.xls

Makes life allot easier for beginners like me :P
--
Wayne ][

Barton (AQXEA) XP2500+ @ 2.2GHz (10x220) - 1.75vCore

XP2600+ - 1.65Vcore 210x10.5 (bios says 2195MHz)
CoolerMaster Aero 7 Lite - 3,200rpm

SLK800 with 80mm coolermaster fan (@2500rpm)
ABIT NF7-S (v2.0 - BIOS#14)

same board (bios#6)
512MB Dual TwiSTER PC3500 @ DDR440 (8,3,3,2.0 - 2.8v) 2x256

OCZ PC3200 (REV2?) @DDR420 cas2
Sapphire Atlantis 9800 - 3.3ns Samsung

Creative 3dB GF4ti4400
240GB (2x120GB) WD-SE SATA RAID-0 (16k Stripe)

40Gb Seagate Barracuda ATA100 7200rpm
Antec SX630II Mini-Tower Case Inc 300w PSU

Silver case from PCWorld! Qtec450W psu
WinXP-PRO-SP1

Win XP home oem +sp1
Cat 3.7 - DX9.0b

Creative 44.03 dets

I have heard of their being a 'Uber bios' for this board (1005?) available
from abit.de
any one have any experience of this. just got 14015 on 3dMse01 with new
settings (up1000pts). will install Sisoft Sandra soon to benchmark cpu and
chipset.
chris

Old October 4th 03, 08:14 AM
Wblane

Should've waited on the 64-bit systems -- the Athlon is deadend technology. I
wonder if AMD even has any plans to make faster socket A CPU's?

Old October 4th 03, 01:37 PM
Mickey

I wouldn't worry about it anything you buy today will be outdated tomorrow.
"Wblane" wrote in message
Should've waited on the 64-bit systems -- the Athlon is deadend

technology. I
wonder if AMD even has any plans to make faster socket A CPU's?

Just finished building my new system and am very pleased with it.

Previous
sys was Abit kd7 + xp2400.

I have decent ocz pc3200 mem, what sort of overclocks are people getting
with the Xp2600? Mines running at a conservative 10.5x200 and is stable

as
they come. It has already benchmarked higher than my old sys did when

fully
oc'd (12500 3dMse01 versus 13070 with new sys - gf4ti4400 not o/c'd yet).

is 2.3Ghz attainable? what fsb/multi combo?
all help and advice much appreciated

chris

Last/Fastest cB0 stepped 'gray zone' Celerons work natively on Abit ZM6/BM6? pgtr General 15 July 9th 04 07:29 PM
Im pissed at ABIT ! Continuing ABIT kx7-333R woes [email protected] General 2 January 3rd 04 08:54 AM
Abit NF7-S or MSI K7N2?..... Chris Overclocking AMD Processors 13 September 24th 03 08:57 PM
p3 & abit sl6 nobodaddy Overclocking 3 July 27th 03 08:22 AM
abit / P3 nobodaddy Overclocking 1 July 26th 03 10:51 PM