KD7 won't post at 166 FSB

Old January 15th 06, 05:12 AM posted to alt.comp.mainboards.abit

Default KD7 won't post at 166 FSB

I'm trying to get my Abit KD7 board to run at 166 FSB, but it will only
POST intermittently, maybe every third attempt. Once it does POST, it
will boot to Windows XP and be completely stable. I'm using a new
Barton XP 2800, not overclocking. I've even tried underclocking and
using my old TBred 2100, same problem. Tried different memory,
changing the AGP:PCI multipler, updating the BIOS, backdating the BIOS,
and the bootstrap jumper- nothing seems to help. I'm thinking this
might be a defective board. Any other suggestions?

Old January 16th 06, 03:44 AM posted to alt.comp.mainboards.abit

Is this after pushing the reset button or powering on?

Forrest

Motherboard Help By HAL web site:
http://home.comcast.net/~mobo.help/

On 14 Jan 2006 20:12:19 -0800, "Jeff" wrote:

I'm trying to get my Abit KD7 board to run at 166 FSB, but it will only
POST intermittently, maybe every third attempt.

snip

Old January 16th 06, 08:35 PM posted to alt.comp.mainboards.abit

It happens after exiting the BIOS, pushing the reset button, and
powering on.

Old January 17th 06, 05:54 PM posted to alt.comp.mainboards.abit

There is a signal from the power supply to the motherboard called
"power good". If it doesn't work (become active) then the motherboard
will not boot. Usually a power supply will fail and have a slow power
good signal so waiting awhile, and pushing the reset, will get it (a
psu with this sort of problem) started. Since this doesn't seem to be
your case, it does sound like the motherboard. But ... if you can
borrow a power supply and eliminate it as the problem source (bad
power good signal) it could save you some money - in replacing a good
motherboard.