Soft/Freeware CPU Temp Capture Event Processing

Old April 20th 19, 03:37 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Flasherly[_2_]

Default Soft/Freeware CPU Temp Capture Event Processing

Old standby, SpeedFan, on this octal. Along with Core Temp (author
Libeman). Both in the system tray. SpeedFan, however and for
whatever reason I'm sticking an older version, just monitors HDDs (one
mechanical and some SSDs);- It may not handle a somewhat newer AMD.

But what happened, with my sticking crap into the CPU cooler, also
then while running Core Temp, was basically a travesty. Screwing
around, after the fact, with its monitoring for an event generation
was neither productive (I could evoke a response from an overheat
condition);- obviously, obliviously, I didn't notice Core Temp at the
time the CPU cooler was stopped. (What grabbed me, initially and
aside about Core Temp was it's attempt to deal with offsets AMD now
uses in reporting obtuse CPU temperature readings. A facsimile
perhaps closer to allusions of AMD measures.)

Which, my newest, HWINFO (Author Martin Malk), apparently doesn't
concern himself, farther beyond the author's mention, that the various
other chipset thermistors mounted on a MB, are "probably" more
indicative of what's going on, generally, with AMD's reporting of CPU
temps.

What Martin does do is provide a good event generation, either
reporting in excess of a setpoint temperature, along with generating a
valid program response in that event.

What's weird, though, is after setup up HWINFO (portable standalone
programming), looking over for testing it works, Core Temp
subsequently quit working. I mean period, as if it was locked out.

Loverly, now with HWINFO, where the ambient temp is likely to be in
the 60's, Fahrenheit, and can range upwards, by 50 or degrees beyond
on an actual load to that particular AMD FX-quad. That could be, say,
115, maybe120F: I've HWINFO set to 105F to generate a warning,
whereas MB support chipsets appear correctly reading closer to 130F --
in their loaded extremity, depending on a particular chipset, of a
possible four or five MB thermistors HWINFO is picking up.

Split the above differences, or just grab aholt a CoolerMaster
heatwicks for simplicity and AMD's sake. But I do like the fact that
with HWINFO I generate anything from red screen, fearful sounds from a
class D 200-watt, that's always left on, or a sensible program to
cause the computer to shut itself down. (Core Temp didn't do worth a
good damn in that respect.)

I hadn't really concerned myself with HWINFO, other than setting aside
from a possible good reputation, up to this point. Looks to be it
cuts up to the grade of a MB sensor at least.

Si soft sandra vs core temp fermineutron Homebuilt PC's 1 November 23rd 07 03:36 AM
Event log - Event ID 1001 Davy General 0 March 24th 07 06:50 AM
Event log - Event ID 1001 gsurfman General 0 March 24th 07 06:50 AM
how can I capture a life sporting event with results? WindAndWaves Webcams 0 February 11th 05 01:17 PM