Fan on GA-8IK1100

Old August 25th 04, 11:29 PM
Harry Edwards

Default Fan on GA-8IK1100

The fan on the Northbridge is making a bussing sound... the only way
to stop it is to give it a little tap. I tried blowing it out with
air but that only works for a day. Is there a way I can replace the
fan?
http://www.hw.by/images/8IK1100/_board.jpg

On the above link, the fan I'm referring to is the one with P4 Titan
stamped on it.
Old August 26th 04, 05:21 PM
Ian James

"Harry Edwards" wrote in message
The fan on the Northbridge is making a bussing sound... the only way
to stop it is to give it a little tap. I tried blowing it out with
air but that only works for a day. Is there a way I can replace the
fan?
http://www.hw.by/images/8IK1100/_board.jpg

On the above link, the fan I'm referring to is the one with P4 Titan
stamped on it.

www.maplin.co.uk 'White Box' 40mm 12VDC case fan. Part no. RY85G.

Just undo the four screws, remove the cover and replace and replace it. Make
sure that the screws are tight as they are just self-tappers that screw into
the fins on the heatsink and make sure it's the right way up (the arrow on
the body of the fan indicates the airflow which should be away from the
chip.

On mine, the header on the old one was 2 pin but the one on the replacement
was 3 pin so I connected it to the system fan header.

Ian

Old August 26th 04, 06:29 PM
Richard Dower

Gigabyte should have replacement fans for people. If you email them they
will send you one for free, or they should. Just provide serial numbers and
proof of purchase etc.

"Ian James"
wrote
in message ...