Leadtek 6600 agp new prob

Old January 25th 05, 04:31 PM
anthony

nope didnt work all slots the same ug what else can I do?

"Ed Light" wrote in message
Try slot 3. Could be the one that's truly independent.

--
Ed Light

Smiley :-/
MS Smiley :-\

Send spam to the FTC at

Thanks, robots.

Old January 25th 05, 04:59 PM
Orhan

Maybe your sound card is going bad. Check it on another motherboard. Or
keep using onboard sound if it works fine.

(You connected power to your video card, right?)

Old January 25th 05, 05:45 PM
anthony

AHHH YES I CONNECTED POWER TO THE VIDEO CARD AHHHH HOW COULD I FORGOT THAT I
MEAN HELL EVERYONE TALKS ABOUT!! sorry just get sick of that question lol
and I dunno if its going bad I mean the only real thing I did was upgrade
the video card and the sound worked fine with the 5600. HMmm I am gonna go
buy another card this week I think just to be sure.

ups.com...

Old January 25th 05, 06:22 PM
theguy

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 11:45:59 -0600, "anthony"
wrote:

AHHH YES I CONNECTED POWER TO THE VIDEO CARD AHHHH HOW COULD I FORGOT THAT I
MEAN HELL EVERYONE TALKS ABOUT!! sorry just get sick of that question lol
and I dunno if its going bad I mean the only real thing I did was upgrade
the video card and the sound worked fine with the 5600. HMmm I am gonna go
buy another card this week I think just to be sure.

does it do this with any sounds at all or only in certain
applications?

oups.com...

Old January 25th 05, 06:36 PM
anthony

ANytime i am running a game usaull FUnny thing is I was able to play
starwars galaxies without any problems but when I load up aquamark or
Sidmiers pirates! it does it. Also I noticed when the sound card is out
3dmark 2003 works when its in thier it dont work at all and crashes with an
si3.dll error.

Anthony

wrote:

AHHH YES I CONNECTED POWER TO THE VIDEO CARD AHHHH HOW COULD I FORGOT THAT
MEAN HELL EVERYONE TALKS ABOUT!! sorry just get sick of that question lol
and I dunno if its going bad I mean the only real thing I did was upgrade
the video card and the sound worked fine with the 5600. HMmm I am gonna go
buy another card this week I think just to be sure.

does it do this with any sounds at all or only in certain
applications?

roups.com...

Old January 25th 05, 09:48 PM
theguy

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 12:36:03 -0600, "anthony"
wrote:

ANytime i am running a game usaull FUnny thing is I was able to play
starwars galaxies without any problems but when I load up aquamark or
Sidmiers pirates! it does it. Also I noticed when the sound card is out
3dmark 2003 works when its in thier it dont work at all and crashes with an
si3.dll error.

Anthony

when i first installed my 6600 gt (Evga, not leadtek) most games
crashed. it seemed soound related to me so in the game itslef i went
to the option screen and found a toggle to tick the sound to medium
detail from high detail (or something that sounded like that) and that
seemed to fix it. halflife 2 was the biggest offender that i had, but
it runs well now.

.. .
wrote:

AHHH YES I CONNECTED POWER TO THE VIDEO CARD AHHHH HOW COULD I FORGOT THAT
MEAN HELL EVERYONE TALKS ABOUT!! sorry just get sick of that question lol
and I dunno if its going bad I mean the only real thing I did was upgrade
the video card and the sound worked fine with the 5600. HMmm I am gonna go
buy another card this week I think just to be sure.

does it do this with any sounds at all or only in certain
applications?

groups.com...

Old January 26th 05, 08:36 AM
Anthony

I am beginging to think its my 160 gig hard drive. Its acting wierd dont
sound any diffrent but is just acting werid bios data coming up looking
wierd and windows when i rebooted asked if Iwanted to format it.

Old January 26th 05, 12:08 PM
Luke Curtis

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 12:00:33 +0000, Luke Curtis
wrote:

On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 23:46:20 -0600, "anthony"
wrote:

Anthony

"anthony" wrote in message
Okay I thought i fixed it but now it freezes up and a loud sound comes
through my speakers when I try and play something that requires more then
basic graphics so i am guessing its the power supply. Right now I got a
380w I guess I need a true 400 or so?

Anthony

what kind of power would I need for 2 hard drives 2 CDroms and the vidoe
card? I am gonna buy one asap!!

I have a cheap and nasty 400w power supply and with a 10, 60 & 250 gig
HD, 2 DVD writers, a CDRW and 3 fans I got power supply warnings from
the GFX card when I was trying to write DVDs.

I took out 1 HD, one DVD writer, a ATA-133 card and 1 fan and it works
fine now.

.....and 2 days later my power supply died so ignore the above post.
--
ButIstillneedtoknowwhat'sinthere!Thekeytoanysecuri ty
systemishowit'sdesigned!Thatdependsonwhyitwasdesig ned!

Old January 26th 05, 03:06 PM
Anthony

Nope wasnt that either just removed the Audigy and using onboard sound gonna
test a few games out if that dont work I dunno what else to do

newsEIJd.4155$PB.3998@okepread01...