Leadtek 6600 agp new prob

Old January 24th 05, 05:23 AM
anthony

Default Leadtek 6600 agp new prob

Okay I thought i fixed it but now it freezes up and a loud sound comes
through my speakers when I try and play something that requires more then
basic graphics so i am guessing its the power supply. Right now I got a 380w
I guess I need a true 400 or so?

Anthony

Old January 24th 05, 05:46 AM
anthony

what kind of power would I need for 2 hard drives 2 CDroms and the vidoe
card? I am gonna buy one asap!!

Anthony

Old January 24th 05, 05:48 AM
theguy

On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 23:23:46 -0600, "anthony"
wrote:

Okay I thought i fixed it but now it freezes up and a loud sound comes
through my speakers when I try and play something that requires more then
basic graphics so i am guessing its the power supply. Right now I got a 380w
I guess I need a true 400 or so?

Anthony

what are you running when it does this? is there a setting in the
gme/app options to set the sound from high to medium?
Old January 24th 05, 06:01 AM
anthony

Was playing Bf1942 did it did it in Pirates gold did it when I had no sound
running trying to run aquamark main reason I think it is the power supply
going nuts. How much 12 volt should I have ?

Old January 24th 05, 06:07 AM
PRIVATE1964

Okay I thought i fixed it but now it freezes up and a loud sound comes
through my speakers when I try and play something that requires more then
basic graphics so i am guessing its the power supply. Right now I got a 380w
I guess I need a true 400 or so?

Anthony

What is the brand and model of your supply? Also how many devices are in your
system including fans?

380 should be plenty, unless the supply is not doing the 380 or certain voltage
rails are weak in amperage.

If it were my system I would test the supply under load. I would run a meter to
the back of the ATX power connector and measure the voltage while your
stressing the card. If it's the supply the voltage should dip low when the
systems freezes because it doesn't have enough amperage to supply the proper
voltage.

Another suggestion is having the case open and having a large fan blowing on
the card while your stressing it. If its cooling related the fan should help
you determine that.
Old January 24th 05, 06:10 AM
PRIVATE1964

FYI from someone elses post the 6600GT uses around 50 watts.

If you were using a Geforce 4 (4200,4400,4600), the wattage would be almost the
same so the PS shouldn't be an issue.

Old January 24th 05, 06:51 AM
anthony

http://www.antec.com/us/productDetails.php?ProdID=25400

thats the power supply I have and ug it happend again put a free hard drive
power cable into it to see if maybe if I didnt use the splitter but still
happened

Anthony

Old January 24th 05, 07:46 AM
Orhan

I am using the same power supply (Antec TruePower 380) and have not any
problems with my Leadtek A6600GT TDH in XP Pro(HDD, DVD-Rom, DVD writer
etc..)

I am not a profi and my english is not very well.

I just wanted to say:
Are you sure that your problem is not sound card related? Say, it's
drivers or PCI slot you use? I read a lot of problems with Sound
Blaster Audigy. I have SB Audigy 2ZS and no problems in XP. But some
people have. I'm running a dual boot system and my problems occur in
Win98 only (the drivers are bad). I get freezings and lockups in games.
The lowered hardware acceleration helps.

Some people solved their problems with sound card by using another PCI
slot in XP.

Just to remind you, like I said.

Old January 24th 05, 12:00 PM
Luke Curtis

On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 23:46:20 -0600, "anthony"
wrote:

Anthony

"anthony" wrote in message
Okay I thought i fixed it but now it freezes up and a loud sound comes
through my speakers when I try and play something that requires more then
basic graphics so i am guessing its the power supply. Right now I got a
380w I guess I need a true 400 or so?

Anthony

what kind of power would I need for 2 hard drives 2 CDroms and the vidoe
card? I am gonna buy one asap!!

I have a cheap and nasty 400w power supply and with a 10, 60 & 250 gig
HD, 2 DVD writers, a CDRW and 3 fans I got power supply warnings from
the GFX card when I was trying to write DVDs.

I took out 1 HD, one DVD writer, a ATA-133 card and 1 fan and it works
fine now.

--
ButIstillneedtoknowwhat'sinthere!Thekeytoanysecuri ty
systemishowit'sdesigned!Thatdependsonwhyitwasdesig ned!