Doom 3

Old August 10th 04, 03:18 AM
Mickey Johnson

Default Doom 3

Wow, all I can say is this game is amazing. The later levels just keep
getting better and better.

Gameplay is just old school first person shooter stuff, also while you can
upgrade to turn on the all the bells and whistles, I am having fun playing
the game with an old geforce 3.

Very Very bloody, gothic horror game . I definitely would not let little
kids play this game.

--
Mickster

Visit my website and see my arcade!!

http://mickster.freeservers.com

Old August 10th 04, 03:54 AM
Granulated

On Mon, 9 Aug 2004 21:18:01 -0500 "Mickey Johnson"
meeped :

Gameplay is just old school first person shooter stuff, also while you can
upgrade to turn on the all the bells and whistles, I am having fun playing
the game with an old geforce 3

hmm..not really old school...not enough monsters in the "waves"

have you found the secret just before the final boss ?

--

) ___ ______
(__/_____) /) (, / )

Old August 10th 04, 11:17 AM
MheAd

"Mickey Johnson" skrev i meddelandet

Very Very bloody, gothic horror game . I definitely would not let little
kids play this game.

Cool for you, mate! I'm looking forward to test this baby myself, but I
don't have that much time at the moment.
Anyway, I was just wondering why people are always abusing the term "gothic"
when it comes to games and especially MUSIC.
You call DOOM III a "gothic game". The Cure is "gothic band", etc... :-))))
Everything that is dark in some way seems to be considered as "gothic"
nowdays :-))))

Old August 10th 04, 02:50 PM
Eric

"Mickey Johnson" wrote in message

Very Very bloody, gothic horror game . I definitely would not let little
kids play this game.

Why not? Would they implode upon seeing it? I don't understand this
mentality of avoiding these images for little kids. I have never seen
anything that it causes permanent harm. It is all in the mind of the
parents. Relax.

Old August 10th 04, 06:15 PM
Mickey Johnson

no they wouldn't implode, but I did see quite a few images that could cause
nightmares. No need to push extreme violence on little kids when there are
plenty of other first person shooters that wouldn't be as 'scary'.

The game definitely needed a mature rating. Nothing wrong with that.

Old August 10th 04, 06:35 PM
Eric

A few nightmares is good for them. Will give them imagination. Stop
coddling our kids. Nightmares can be fun. Why do you think people watch
scary movies.

Geez, I had no car seats, no helmets, movies weren't rated until later, etc.
when I grew up -- I managed to live. I'm not institutionalized or damaged.

Damn American kids are becoming the biggest pussies in the world. Oh no,
they can't see sex --- oh no, they can't see violence.

Old August 10th 04, 10:54 PM
PRIVATE1964

Geez, I had no car seats, no helmets, movies weren't rated until later, etc.
when I grew up -- I managed to live.

Seem's like you must have fallen on your head a few too many times without that
helmet.

So seek medical help , and if you have children give them up for adoption. If
you don't have any always wear a condom.

Old August 11th 04, 02:38 PM
MarkJ

Something tells me you dont have young children, not sure what :-|

Old August 11th 04, 02:49 PM
Eric

I have kids -- what are you worried about. Will kids explode or die or
otherwise be injured if they see scary images? I ask you -- what are YOU
afraid of?