Ti4200 blurred on LG Studioworks 775N CRT

Old August 25th 03, 03:04 AM
BelaLvgosi

"Cuzman" wrote in message
I've just built the following set-up:

- Tsunami Sagittarius ATX window case & 350W PSU
- ECS K7S5A Pro mainboard
- AMD Athlon 2600XP CPU (older 266 FSB version)
- ThermalTake Volcano 11 Xaser Edition CPU heatsink & fan
- Western Digital 80Gb 7200rpm 8MB Cache hard drive
- 2 x 256MB PC133 Kingston SD-RAM
- Inno3D GeForce4 Ti4200 64MB graphics card
- Sony 1.44MB Floppy Drive
- LG DVD-ROM GDR-8161B 16x48
- LG CD-RW W8520B 52x24x52
- Windows XP Pro

The display for this system was fine on the monitor that i set this system
up on (I think that was a 775N). I then set it up on the monitor i intend
to use, which is a perfectly good LG Studioworks 775N, but it has a light
ghosting on the right-hand side of everything. It certainly doesn't make

it
un-usable, as I'm posting this message on it now, but it's not too good on
the eyes, and i haven't tried any games on it yet.

The monitor works fine when I change back to using my old PC (Win98), and
the new system's display works fine when I use the first 775N that i set

it
up on, but what i don't get is why this combination isn't working

together.

is this an issue that any of you have come across before? Any help is

most
appreciated.

I have a 775n too, it began to ghost as you described since it was new, I
tried both a gf2mx, ti200 and a laptop with the same results. At first, that
ghosting would be some 2mm to the right, then it would decrease to some 1mm
after some minutes. Now after 2years, I need 15minutes to have it usable,
since ghosting can take up to 10cms. Using lighter refresh rates masks the
problem a little, but it's still unusable. When playing ww2 sims, you get a
sky full of bandits lol.

Old August 25th 03, 06:45 AM
Martin Eriksson

"Cuzman" wrote in message
[...]

Could be a flimsy VGA cable. Try changing the position of the cable and see
if anything happens with the ghosting.

/M

Old August 25th 03, 10:41 AM
Tim Draper

any drivers for it?
this belinea monitor i`m running (CRT) has drivers. no difference with
picture quality, or refresh rate limit, or resolution, so i`m not 100% sure
why it has drivers.

maybe it's a know problem with the manufactures, and they`ve brought out a
driver to rectify it?

tim

"Flow" wrote in message
If screen/desktop is blurry it's allmost certain a monitor issue.
I have philips107s and @ 1024x768 i can only use refresh rate 75 allthough
85hz is possible says the monitor specification.
Because @ 85hz 1024x768 text become very blurry,i allways thought it was

my
gf2 card,but my ti4400 does the same.
Now i have philips109P40 and all is sharp at any given resolution(within

the
monitor specs ofcourse)
Some monitors just fall outside the videocards refreshrate with 0.1 value

or
more , causing this.
You could try a lower frequency but below 75hz is not desirable.
b.t.w. i also have LG 776fm and it's very sharp.And it gives all the
frequencies specs tell.
Very sharp @ 1024x768-85hz
Some monitors(not by brand/model nr ) are simply not good for the eyes,
best thing to do is to get rid of it or let an electronics repairman look

at
it,he can possibly adjust it from the inside.....

"Martin Eriksson" schreef in bericht

Old August 25th 03, 03:37 PM
Martin Eriksson

"Tim Draper" wrote in message
any drivers for it?
this belinea monitor i`m running (CRT) has drivers. no difference with
picture quality, or refresh rate limit, or resolution, so i`m not 100%

sure
why it has drivers.

maybe it's a know problem with the manufactures, and they`ve brought out a
driver to rectify it?

Monitor "drivers" are just refresh rate specifications... not much can be
done by tinkering in these (maybe give new resolutions).

/M