7600gs AGP rubbish!

Old January 13th 07, 10:58 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Glenis

Default 7600gs AGP rubbish!

maddog2020 wrote:
Just had all the same problems on my club 3d 7600gs

Upgraded my poxy psu to a 650w

Things seem to be better

I sometimes get a death on initial startup but if I swich on and off
after this it usually works.

Time to sell up and upgrade to pci I think.

Well, before you sell up here's a few things you can try.
First off, download the latest driver from 3D Club: 93.71
Also, while you there, download the BIOS update.

Then check that your Motherboard has it's latest BIOS and chipset drivers.

Update both the 7600GS and the Motherboard BIOS.

Update the Motherboard chipset drivers, (if they are newer than your
present ones).

Then Boot into Safe Mode and uninstall any previous Nvidia drivers.

Reboot into normal mode.
Windows will come up with a 'Found New Hardware' window. Cancel it.

Go to
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Tweak/U...essional.shtml
and download and install Drive Cleaner Pro (it's free).

(I found that a driver un-install via the normal route (Control
Panel/Add or Remove Programs), even in Safe Mode, doesn't get rid of all
the Nvidia remnants. This is where Drive Cleaner Pro comes in - it'll
clear out the whole caboodle.)

After using Drive Cleaner Pro, reboot again.
Once again, Windows will come up with a 'Found New Hardware' window.
Cancel it.

Install the latest 7600 drivers (93.71)

Reboot yet again.

If you still get errors at boot up there's one last thing to try.
On the 3D Club Support site is a Registry Fix. Download and run it.
Reboot again.

Still errors?

Send 3D Club an email complaining about their shoddy hardware and fixes.

Good luck

Glenis
Old January 16th 07, 08:54 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
[email protected]

Hi !! I also had the same graphics card and had the same problems,
"...card is not
receiving sufficient power and therefore to prevent damage it's
functionality has been reduced..." error - not once but (yes! I
counted
them) 154 times at boot up.

"Of course, that could possibly hint that the PSU is not supplying
enough
power initially at switch on but is OK after that.
Having said that, with the original PSU (which I'm now convinced is OK)

I got much the same - errors when booting from cold - OK after that."

I tried to solve the problem with many methods but nothing succeded. I
had to change my Mother board because it broke down no body knows why I
suspect the Rubbish card ---------I had the card for 3 months

The only good thing to do in this situation is going back to the store
and ask for a new card or a refund. i asked for a new card and there
was no problem it took only 5 min. i got the same card but from Gigabyt
and it works Fine OK There arent any problems or errors that there
isnt enough enough sufficient power. So dont waste your time and your
nerves Go back to the store!!!!!!!

Pozdro Polska !!!

Old January 18th 07, 07:43 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Charles C. Drew

I have a different problem with a similar setup (see specs below). My setup
runs fine with no VGA errors, no video card errors, and no driver
errors...except when I use the 3D rendering.

When I start anything that renders 3D I run the risk of the following
happening...

1) System hang.
2) System hang and minutes later a black screen.
3) System shutdown and hang (no auto reboot or blue-screen-of-death).

This happens more likely (within a few seconds to a few minutes) when the 3D
is taxed (Google Earth, Jedi Knight II Outcast, 3D Mark 5), and not very
often (from several minutes to not after 30 minutes) with other 3D
applications (Kyodai Mahjonng 19.80 running directx 3d rendering all eye
candy on, 3D Mark 2000, 3D Mark 2001 SE, 3D Mark 3).

I have a generic 400w PSU and a 1000w UPS and I'm drawing about 204 watts
(including monitor and USB hub) when running business apps.

I haven't tried all the things suggested here, and would like some help as
well.

I've tried the following so far...

1) The following versions of Forceware drivers for the video card...
a) 91.31 - very unstable
b) 91.45 - unstable
c) 91.63 - unstable
d) 93.81 - some what unstable
2) I've tried a few different combinations of nForce drivers for the
systemboard.
a) 5.10 - unstable for this video card.
b) 6.53 - unstable for this video card.
c) 8.22 (stable drivers from Guru3D.com) - unstable for this video
card.
d) 8.22 with Gart driver from 2.45 - unstable for this video card.

I will try different BIOS sets for the video card and system chipset soon.

I think the problem may be with the systemboard chipset (nForce2 npp
version). What AMD based systemboards/chipsets seem to work stablely with
this video card? Who has a setup using an AMD Athlon that doesn't have any
of these problems? What are you running?

Here is my setup....

Motherboard:
CPU Type AMD Athlon XP-A, 1833 MHz (11 x 167) 2500+
Motherboard Name Asus A7N8X Deluxe (5 PCI, 1 AGP Pro, 3 DDR DIMM,
Dual LAN, IEEE-1394)
Motherboard Chipset nVIDIA nForce2 SPP
System Memory 1024 MB (DDR SDRAM)
BIOS Type Award (03/29/04)

BIOS Properties:
Vendor Phoenix Technologies, LTD
Version ASUS A7N8X Deluxe ACPI BIOS Rev 1008
Release Date 03/29/2004
Size 512 KB
Boot Devices Floppy Disk, Hard Disk, CD-ROM, ATAPI ZIP, LS-120
Capabilities Flash BIOS, Shadow BIOS, Selectable Boot, EDD
Supported Standards DMI, APM, ACPI, PnP
Expansion Capabilities PCI, AGP, USB

Temperatures:
Motherboard 49 °C (120 °F)
CPU 25 °C (77 °F)
CPU Diode 54 °C (129 °F)

Voltage Values:
CPU Core 1.68 V
CPU Aux 1.68 V
+3.3 V 3.25 V
+5 V 4.84 V
+12 V 12.74 V
-12 V -12.65 V
-5 V -4.79 V
Debug Info V 69 68 CC B4 C6 C6 C6 19 (01)
Debug Info T 25 49 29

AGP Controller:
AGP Version 3.00
AGP Status Enabled
AGP Device NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS [NoDB]
AGP Aperture Size 256 MB
Supported AGP Speeds 1x, 2x, 4x, 8x
Current AGP Speed 8x
Fast-Write Not Supported
Side Band Addressing Supported, Disabled

Old January 18th 07, 09:29 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Mr.E Solved!

Charles C. Drew wrote:
When I start anything that renders 3D I run the risk of the following
happening...

1) System hang.
2) System hang and minutes later a black screen.
3) System shutdown and hang (no auto reboot or blue-screen-of-death).

This happens more likely (within a few seconds to a few minutes) when the 3D
is taxed (Google Earth, Jedi Knight II Outcast, 3D Mark 5), and not very
often (from several minutes to not after 30 minutes) with other 3D
applications (Kyodai Mahjonng 19.80 running directx 3d rendering all eye
candy on, 3D Mark 2000, 3D Mark 2001 SE, 3D Mark 3).

I have a generic 400w PSU and a 1000w UPS and I'm drawing about 204 watts
(including monitor and USB hub) when running business apps.

+5V @ +4.84V = Power Supply Inadequate

Yeah yeah, the voltage measurements can be poorly calibrated, but they
should be always read higher, not lower. Anything less than +4.9v at
idle is suspect.

You could start unplugging unnecessary things for troubleshooting, to
see if the PSU is borderline. Also, inspect your capacitors for failure,
bulging, etc. Also make sure thermal management is as expected...I'd
ignore the software variances, red herring. Focus on electrical. Good luck!
Old January 18th 07, 10:10 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
TheBoffin

Mr.E Solved! wrote:

You could start unplugging unnecessary things for troubleshooting, to
see if the PSU is borderline. Also, inspect your capacitors for failure,
bulging, etc. Also make sure thermal management is as expected...I'd
ignore the software variances, red herring. Focus on electrical. Good luck!

I recently upgraded a 'fairly stable' machine (only occassional BSOD
with some games, but fairly rare) from a 6600GT with a 350W PSU, to a
7950GT with a 480W PSU (with seperate 12V rails).

Having plugged it all back in, and done the DriverCleaner and reinstall
latest NVidia drivers, the PC was BSOD'ing all over the place. I then
decided to DriverCleaner again, but this time installing the drivers
that came with the 7950GT ... no better.

One thing that was pretty evident was that the CPU fan seemed to maxing
out... which seemed a little odd, as it only normally did that when the
CPU was busy, but in this case it was practically idle.

Whilst I was upgrading the PC I noticed one capacitor had bulged
somewhat; so I was beginning to think a motherboard replacement was in
order -- mighty miffed, as i'd spent all my cash getting the above upgrades!

Anyhow, as a friend of mine made me an offer for the 6600GT, I decided
to clean the fan on this prior to passing it over to him ... I also
then decided to close down my PC and clean the processor fan (which had
been rotating!)

Anyway to cut a long story short, after spending a hour cleaning the CPU
fan, the blades of the fan, the 'fur' that had collected underneath the
fan and into the webbing of the heatsink -- plug computer back in, fan
is nice and quiet, PC hasn't had a single BSOD since!

So I can only imagine that the CPU was shutting down due to thermal
overload, and the best Windows could do was BSOD.

So definately keep those fans clean!!

Bof.
Old January 19th 07, 07:46 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Charles C. Drew

Thanks everyone. I found my problem and the fix for it. You said my VGA
voltage was low at 4.84V, well I changed it in the BIOS from 1.5V to 1.6V.
I haven't crashed since!!! I wasn't getting enough power, but it wasn't
because of a bad PSU. It was just too low a setting on my system board.

YYYYYEEEEEEEEEAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!

Old January 19th 07, 09:06 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Mr.E Solved!

Charles C. Drew wrote:
Thanks everyone. I found my problem and the fix for it. You said my VGA
voltage was low at 4.84V, well I changed it in the BIOS from 1.5V to 1.6V.
I haven't crashed since!!! I wasn't getting enough power, but it wasn't
because of a bad PSU. It was just too low a setting on my system board.

YYYYYEEEEEEEEEAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!

That's good news, but just to be clear for future reference: We were
talking about the +5v measurements, not "VGA voltage" which there is no
such thing.

You changed what, exactly, from 1.5V to 1.6V?

AGP Voltage?
CPU CORE/IO?
Chipset Voltage?

Regardless of which setting it was, just make sure you write it down
somewhere so you remember next time. Good catch!
Old January 21st 07, 02:00 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Charles C. Drew

Here, take a look...

The value for the Vcore was 1.48 V and now it is 1.66 V. I changed the AGP
VDDQ voltage setting on the systemboard BIOS from 1.5v to 1.6v.

Sensor Properties:
Tsystem 46 °C (115 °F)
Tcpu 26 °C (79 °F)
Tdiode 51 °C (124 °F)
Fcpu 1795 RPM
Fcase 2616 RPM
Vcore 1.66 V
Vaux 1.66 V
Vio 3.25 V

. ..

Old January 21st 07, 07:02 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Mr.E Solved!

Charles C. Drew wrote:
Here, take a look...

The value for the Vcore was 1.48 V and now it is 1.66 V. I changed the AGP
VDDQ voltage setting on the systemboard BIOS from 1.5v to 1.6v.

Sensor Properties:
Tsystem 46 °C (115 °F)
Tcpu 26 °C (79 °F)
Tdiode 51 °C (124 °F)
Fcpu 1795 RPM
Fcase 2616 RPM
Vcore 1.66 V
Vaux 1.66 V
Vio 3.25 V

The Vcore is a CPU voltage measurement, that should not need to be
changed unless you are running your CPU at a faster speed than stock.
Unless that's the proper Vcore, and your mobo BIOS is undervolting it.
Either way, it won't really hurt it if it's too high, it makes it hotter
however.

VDDQ is generally DDR supply, unless as noted, AGP. Which can happen
when there is a bridge chip on an AGP video card. You don't want to go
much higher than 1.6v.

Vaux, usually is the +3.3v line, so I'm not sure what is being reported
as 1.66v, maybe Vio is Vaux? It works, who cares!