Is this Computer worth it?

Old November 29th 06, 12:23 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.computer,alt.computer.workshop.live,uk.comp.homebuilt
Linker3000

Default Is this Computer worth it?

ShutEye wrote:
cut
About the equiv of 3.7 MHz.

Same as a commodore 64 then?

LOL! No that ran at about 1 iirc

Yeah, but it was a 6510 and not a plain old 6502!
Old November 29th 06, 04:11 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.computer,alt.computer.workshop.live,uk.comp.homebuilt
Synapse Syndrome

"Uncle Nobby" wrote in message

Those Aldi Medions dont have a great reputation quality wise.

Where have you read that,

Newsgroups.

I have only seen good things about them on the forums and ng.

Its easy to find those who have had problems using groups.google

I've looked and I haven't seen any more complaints about them than any
other
manufacture.
I note not many manufactures offer a 3 year warranty on their PCs

Don't listen to that Rod Speed. He doesn't seem to actually know that much,
but pretends he does.

ss.

Old November 29th 06, 04:13 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.computer,alt.computer.workshop.live,uk.comp.homebuilt
Mitch Crane

"Synapse Syndrome" wrote in
:

"Uncle Nobby" wrote in message

Those Aldi Medions dont have a great reputation quality wise.

Where have you read that,

Newsgroups.

I have only seen good things about them on the forums and ng.

Its easy to find those who have had problems using groups.google

I've looked and I haven't seen any more complaints about them than
any other
manufacture.
I note not many manufactures offer a 3 year warranty on their PCs

Don't listen to that Rod Speed. He doesn't seem to actually know
that much, but pretends he does.

And he'll call you names if you disagree with him.

--
ybbxvatyvxrnobeantnvayvivatyvxrnurergvpyvfgravatgb neguheyrrerpbeqfznxv
atnyylbhesevraqfsrryfbthvyglnobhggurveplavpvfznaqg urerfgbsgurvetrareng
Old November 29th 06, 04:57 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.computer,alt.computer.workshop.live,uk.comp.homebuilt
Rod Speed

Mitch Crane -three wrote
Synapse Syndrome wrote
Uncle Nobby wrote

Those Aldi Medions dont have a great reputation quality wise.

Where have you read that,

Newsgroups.

I have only seen good things about them on the forums and ng.

Its easy to find those who have had problems using groups.google

I've looked and I haven't seen any more complaints about them than any other
manufacture. I note not many manufactures offer a 3 year warranty on their PCs

Don't listen to that Rod Speed. He doesn't seem to
actually know that much, but pretends he does.

And this prat doesnt know a damned thing about anything at all, ever.

And he'll call you names if you disagree with him.

How odd that I didnt with the nobby one.

Got another large towel handy for your face ?

Old November 29th 06, 05:19 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.computer,alt.computer.workshop.live,uk.comp.homebuilt
Mitch Crane

"Rod Speed" wrote in
:

Mitch Crane -three wrote
Synapse Syndrome wrote
Uncle Nobby wrote

Yet. Wait until he proves you wrong. Then he'll be a ****wit who
couldn't bull**** his way out of a wet paper bag.

Old November 29th 06, 09:46 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.computer,alt.computer.workshop.live,uk.comp.homebuilt
Elder

In article ,
says...
And this prat doesnt know a damned thing about anything at all, ever.

And he'll call you names if you disagree with him.

Weird, I would normally consider that top posting, but in this case it
appears to be pre-cognitive.
--
Carl Robson
Audio stream:

Old November 29th 06, 12:55 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.computer,alt.computer.workshop.live,uk.comp.homebuilt
No One

Uncle Nobby wrote:
Is this any good?

http://tinyurl.com/yg2pcg

I believe that is about $700....I'm sorry, but when I see the words
"Multimedia Entertainment PC" I keep walking.
Old November 29th 06, 02:18 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.computer,alt.computer.workshop.live,uk.comp.homebuilt
CBFalconer

No One wrote:
Uncle Nobby wrote:

Is this any good?

http://tinyurl.com/yg2pcg

I believe that is about $700....I'm sorry, but when I see the words
"Multimedia Entertainment PC" I keep walking.

When I see 6 way cross-posts without follow-ups set, or a
'tinyurl', I just ignore the whole thing. Saves a lot of time and
effort.

http://cbfalconer.home.att.net

Old November 29th 06, 02:33 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.computer
jtees4

On Tue, 28 Nov 2006 21:09:28 -0000, "Dr Zoidberg"
wrote:

Trev wrote:
"Johannes Andersen" wrote in message

Uncle Nobby wrote:

Is this any good?

http://tinyurl.com/yg2pcg

1.8G cpu is far behind new machines. It should do everything you
want, but its a lot of money for a NOS machine.

NT

But it's a Core 2 Duo, the processors run much more efficient; the
1.86MHz is not a problem. It's fairly priced for the spec.

About the equiv of 3.7 MHz.

Same as a commodore 64 then?

Memories of my first "real" computer. Brings back the good old days.
Before that only had access to my college computer with the card
readers and stuff.