Need GeforceFX with DVI (recommendations please)

Old August 25th 03, 01:48 PM
Elliot J

Default Need GeforceFX with DVI (recommendations please)

Hi Group,

My budget is around the 150.00 UK pounds mark.

I currently use a Geforce 3 Ti200 which suits my needs fine as I only really
play Counterstrike, Diablo 2 and Warcraft 3.
Soon though, I intend to get a new LCD monitor and make use of DVI
connectivity, so I need to upgrade my video card to one with this
connection. It seems most new cards have this feature though.

I'm happy to stay with nvidia, so no arguing about who's best etc please :-D

I've currently been looking at Gainward's and ABit's 5600's, the 128mb and
256mb versions and the Ultra ones too. www.ebuyer.com is selling a Gainward
5600 Ultra 256mb for under my budget, but they have none in stock for 15
days... so I dunno whether or not they'll have actually get any, as this
seems an obscenely good price.

Anyway, are the manufacturer's I've been looking at ok? Are there video
cards generally quite good?

Any other comments on my choices are more than welcome.

Thank you for any time and advice you can spare me.

Elliot

Old August 25th 03, 02:14 PM
derob

I've currently been looking at Gainward's and ABit's 5600's, the 128mb and
256mb versions and the Ultra ones too. www.ebuyer.com is selling a

Gainward
5600 Ultra 256mb for under my budget, but they have none in stock for 15
days... so I dunno whether or not they'll have actually get any, as this
seems an obscenely good price.

OK, read the first page of this review
http://www.guru3d.com/article.php?cat=Videocards&id=54 first. Though it is a
review about the 5900, it will likely apply to the 5600 as well. Then
carefully read the specs of the one you likely saw at ebuyer:

"The Ultra/780 TV/DVI features integrated NVIDIA GeForce FX 5600 GPU with
AGP 8X. NVIDIA CineFX engine increases horsepower delivers faster and
smoother gameplay....."

Greetz,

Derob

Old August 25th 03, 02:35 PM
ho alexandre

Elliot J wrote:
Anyway, are the manufacturer's I've been looking at ok? Are there video
cards generally quite good?

I chose Asus because some friends told me the goodies were good, and yes
they are (several complete games). Moreover, the cooling on the Asus is
quite silent so I don't have to take a Zalmann.

--
XandreX
/I'm that kind of people your parents warned you about/

Old August 25th 03, 04:28 PM
Courseyauto

"derob" schupp AT xs4all DOT nl wrote in message
l.nl...
I've currently been looking at Gainward's and ABit's 5600's, the 128mb

and
256mb versions and the Ultra ones too. www.ebuyer.com is selling a

Gainward
5600 Ultra 256mb for under my budget, but they have none in stock for 15
days... so I dunno whether or not they'll have actually get any, as this
seems an obscenely good price.

Gainward has 4 different versions of the 5600, The 5600 ultra flip chip has
the higest clock speeds, they are $200 at New Egg and come with a lot of
software.

Old August 25th 03, 06:57 PM

The FX 5600 Ultra version is what I would shoot for if this is in your price
range. I believe you've made a wise choice. Just wait if necessary for the
right model card you really want.

regards