Getting Geforce 3 to work at 960x720

Old August 24th 03, 12:07 PM
Christopher Gledhill

Default Getting Geforce 3 to work at 960x720

Hey all,

I'm running a Windows 98 1.1Ghz Duron machine with a Geforce 3 (43.45
drivers) and a 15inch monitor. Before I bought the Geforce I had a Voodoo 3
which let me run my desktop at the ideal resolution (for me) of 960x720.
This was a great compromise between 800x600 and 1024x768. However, my
Geforce 3 won't let me run my desktop at this res. It will run my games at
this resolution but not my desktop (and hence, not Word etc). Is there any
way to tweak the driver to slot my favourite resolution in there (I try
1024x768 but the text is just too small)? Any way at all?

Thanks to anyone who can help!

Chris G