Gateway DX4300 Peripheral Infrared

Old October 8th 09, 07:10 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
Lalejack

Default Gateway DX4300 Peripheral Infrared

I just purchased a Gateway DX4300-03 that came with a remote control, a
USB infrared device and a small wire with a 2.5 or 3.5 mm plug on one
end and a somewhat teardrop shaped red plastic unit on the other end.
I figured out that the USB infrared device was for using the remote but
no one, not even at Gateway.com can tell me what the wire is for.
Also, the USB IR device has 2 ports on it marked IR1 and IR2 with the
female counterpart to receive the plug at the end of the wire in
question.

--
Lalejack
Old October 9th 09, 12:21 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
SC Tom

"Lalejack" wrote in message

I just purchased a Gateway DX4300-03 that came with a remote control, a
USB infrared device and a small wire with a 2.5 or 3.5 mm plug on one
end and a somewhat teardrop shaped red plastic unit on the other end.
I figured out that the USB infrared device was for using the remote but
no one, not even at Gateway.com can tell me what the wire is for.
Also, the USB IR device has 2 ports on it marked IR1 and IR2 with the
female counterpart to receive the plug at the end of the wire in
question.

--
Lalejack

Maybe for infrared printer/PDA/headphone use? Are there any numbers or
manufacturer names on the teardrop part? Did you download the manual from
Gateway.com? Is there any other documentation available for download? Does
the CD/DVD that came with it have anything on it as far as readme's?

SC Tom