Motherboards?

Old January 8th 07, 08:09 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Steve W

Default Motherboards?

"Al Pilarcik" wrote in message
reenews.net...
Dave wrote:

Simple really. A good percentage of home builders shouldn't even
think about building themselves. A lot of the complaints you will
see about motherboards boil down to idiot failed to research properly
prior to purchase, or ****ed up his new hardware by mating components
that were not meant to go together.

http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/1...hisworkzr7.jpg

http://tinyurl.com/yzumsh

The other one is that even dealers don't seem to bother with anti-static
precautions. Look at eBay for MoBO in good working order, sat on a nylon
carpet for the eBay mug shot. I once went into a small dealer fro some
ram - he brought out a box of loose SIMS and stirred through the contains as
though it was a box og nails!

Steve

Old January 8th 07, 09:13 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Al Pilarcik

Steve W wrote:

The other one is that even dealers don't seem to bother with
anti-static precautions. Look at eBay for MoBO in good working
order, sat on a nylon carpet for the eBay mug shot. I once went
into a small dealer fro some ram - he brought out a box of loose SIMS and
stirred through the
contains as though it was a box og nails!

Good points.

It's hard enough to find a good retailer of new hardware.

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/retailers/

Old January 8th 07, 11:01 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
VanShania

those boards are a generation old already and not even sold any more
probably.

--
Love and Teach, Not Yell and Beat
Stop Violence and Child Abuse.

A64 3500+, Gigabyte GA-K8NSC-939,AIW 9800 Pro 128mb
MSI 550 Pro, X-Fi, Pioneer 110D, 111D
Antec 550 watt,Thermaltake Lanfire,2 Gb OCZ Platinum 2-3-2-5
2XSATA 320gb Raid Edition, PATA 120Gb
XP MCE2005, 19in Viewsonic,BenchMark 2001 SE- 19074
Games I'm Playing- NFS: Most Wanted, Civ 4

Old January 8th 07, 11:33 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
VanShania

When looking for a motherboard, make sure it has at least 6 sata300 ports,
2-3 PCI slots, and hopefully a PCI-EX 4 slot with some PCI-EX1 slots( just
in case they ever come out with anything that works on them). I like the 2
boards below.

ASUS M2N-E nForce570 Ultra Socket AM2 Mainboard, 4xDDR2-800/667/533,
1xPCI-Ex16, 1xPCI-Ex4, 2xPCI-Ex1, 3xPCI, 2xEIDE, 6xSATA300, 8Ch Audio,
Gigabit LAN, 10xUSB2.0, 2000 HT FSB, ATX $124.84

ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe nForce570 SLi Socket AM2 Mainboard,
4xDDR2-800/667/533, 2xPCI-Ex16, 2xPCI-Ex1, 3xPCI, 2xEIDE, 6xSATA300, 8Ch
Audio, 2xGigabit LAN, 10xUSB2.0, 2x1394 Firewire, 2000 HT FSB, ATX $180.84

I've hairy nairy seen a bad word about Asus and MSI boardsand they have
detailed manuals. I have used both without problems. Though I did get my
Gigabyte board running stable, it took a bit of nail biting before that
happened( and I cursed Rod Speed for good measure. Naturally, he will say
I'm a Pig ignorant drivel, Mindlessly silly ****wit child and mangled for
doing so(just to save Rod some typing(you know, cut and paste)))
Abit seems to be fairly popular, but I don't know if their manuals are as
good as asus/msi or sparse like AsRock.

Old January 8th 07, 02:46 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
John Doe

"Rod Speed" rod.speed.aaa gmail.com wrote:

Some desperately cowering gutless ****wit desperately cowering
behind John Doe jdoe usenetlove.invalid who is actually
wrote

Rod Speed rod.speed.aaa gmail.com wrote

Trouble is that unless you have seen a background
of lots of useful posts in somewhere like here,

Or lots of technical posts from a nym shifting pathologically
insulting incessant troll that go without reply because
naturally most authors don't like being insulted.

I get more replys than you do,

Not from your peers, because anyone who disagrees with you or anyone
who even says something you disagree with becomes the target of your
flagrant insults. People who don't know better don't count.

it isnt always easy to work out who is competant.

It's easy to know someone is incompetent when you see him
flagrantly insulting someone while boldly making incorrect
statements about a subject fairly easy to understand.

Corse you never ever do anything like that yourself,

Hopefully not that badly.

From: "Rod Speed" rod.speed.aaa gmail.com
Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Subject: Motherboards?
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2007 13:37:08 +1100

Old January 8th 07, 02:54 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
John Doe

If you're going to bash others for being stupid, incompetent fools, you
really should learn how to spell "incompetent", Rod.
Old January 8th 07, 06:52 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Rod Speed

John Doe wrote
Rod Speed rod.speed.aaa gmail.com wrote
John Doe wrote
Rod Speed rod.speed.aaa gmail.com wrote

Trouble is that unless you have seen a background
of lots of useful posts in somewhere like here,

Or lots of technical posts from a nym shifting pathologically
insulting incessant troll that go without reply because
naturally most authors don't like being insulted.

I get more replys than you do,

Not from your peers,

Yep.

because anyone who disagrees with you or anyone who even says
something you disagree with becomes the target of your flagrant insults.

Just another of your lies.

And you never ever do anything like that yourself, eh hypocrite ?

it isnt always easy to work out who is competant.

It's easy to know someone is incompetent when you see him
flagrantly insulting someone while boldly making incorrect
statements about a subject fairly easy to understand.

Corse you never ever do anything like that yourself,

Hopefully not that badly.

Pathetic, really. You're doing it in spades right now, hypocrite.

Old January 8th 07, 06:53 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Rod Speed

John Doe wrote:

If you're going to bash others for being stupid, incompetent
fools, you really should learn how to spell "incompetent", Rod.

So pathetic that the best it can manage is spelling flames.

Cant get any more pathetic than that, child.

Old January 8th 07, 10:36 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
John Doe

"Rod Speed" wrote:

John Doe wrote:

If you're going to bash others for being stupid, incompetent
fools, you really should learn how to spell "incompetent", Rod.

So pathetic that the best it can manage is spelling flames.

That's for persistently insulting people you will never meet
in person.

Cant get any more pathetic than that, child.

Worse is being unable to act civilized over the Internet, in my
opinion. I'm not talking about your frequent spelling errors, I'm
talking about your persistent insults/attempts to degrade people you
will never meet in person.
Old January 9th 07, 02:34 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Rod Speed

John Doe wrote
Rod Speed wrote
John Doe wrote

If you're going to bash others for being stupid, incompetent
fools, you really should learn how to spell "incompetent", Rod.

So pathetic that the best it can manage is spelling flames.

That's for persistently insulting people you will never meet in person.

Corse you never ever do anything like that yourself, eh child ?

Cant get any more pathetic than that, child.

Worse is being unable to act civilized over the Internet, in my opinion.

Best hang yourself then, child.