Motherboard recommendations

Old August 6th 05, 08:43 AM
larry moe 'n curly

Justin Sane wrote:

(I'm reluctant in buying from eBay since I'm not from the USA...)

Have you tried www.pricewatch.co.uk ? I don't know how good the UK
version is, but the US version often lists some of the lowest prices
here.

How about this one: ASUSTek V9520 MAGIC/T (128MB) or ASUSTek V9520-X/TD
(64 MB)?

I've read that the NVidia FX5200 chip they use is very slow yet more
power-hungry than even some faster chips, like the ATI Radeon 9550xx.
But that slowness is completely irrelevant when not playing games.

Old August 8th 05, 10:09 AM
GT

"Bob" wrote in message
On Fri, 5 Aug 2005 16:01:23 +0100, "GT"
wrote:

You do also get con artists on EBay.

But this deal was not a con. It was legit.

The best cons look perfectly legit! You have to ask yourself how someone can
sell something for less money than it cost to manufacture? Where did they
get it from - they obviously didn't buy it to sell at a loss on ebay!!

I go one step further. I use PayPal but I pay with a credit card that
will remove the charge if I complain. Before I pay for the item I
write the seller with my terms of sale, which include returning items
at his expense.

You were lucky he didn't report you to paypal and ebay complaints - when you
agree so buy something, you agree to the seller's terms and conditions, you
don't have the option of laying down terms and conditions of your own!! What
would you do if the seller doesn't agree to your terms and conditions? You
still have an obligation to pay for the items - you agree to that when you
bid!

You will find you build yourself a pile of negative feedback if you continue
that!!

Old August 8th 05, 03:54 PM
Bob

On Mon, 8 Aug 2005 10:09:30 +0100, "GT"
wrote:

But this deal was not a con. It was legit.

The best cons look perfectly legit! You have to ask yourself how someone can
sell something for less money than it cost to manufacture? Where did they
get it from - they obviously didn't buy it to sell at a loss on ebay!!

My guess is it was a bankruptcy auction or a tax auction. Others have
suggested that the unit costs far less than the Product Line Manager
was willing to admit, although I have no reason to believe that the
person was lying.

You were lucky he didn't report you to paypal and ebay complaints

No, I was not lucky at all. I have every right to set terms and
conditions for the transaction when they are not in conflict with
existing terms and conditions. Sellers play coy with how they will
handle the cost to return defective items, so I took care of that.

when you
agree so buy something, you agree to the seller's terms and conditions, you
don't have the option of laying down terms and conditions of your own!!

Sure I do. You need to take a look at the UCC. Ebay is not immune to
the law, certainly not in Texas. Our AG loves to prosecute con
artists.

What would you do if the seller doesn't agree to your terms and conditions?

I have the credit card company withhold payment until we come to an
agreement. You would be surprised how fast the seller comes to an
agreement when you do that.

Unless the seller has explicitly stated that defect returns are at
buyer's expense, then eBay is not going to get involved in any
dispute, especially when I informed the seller of my terms in advance
of the sale.

You still have an obligation to pay for the items - you agree to that when you
bid!

I have every right to extend the terms as long as they do not conflict
with existing terms. That's part of Contract Law under the UCC. You
need to study it before you start your bluster and pontification act.

If a seller states explicitly that defective items are to be returned
at buyer's expense, I won't bid. If the seller omits to deal with that
matter, I deal with it. The seller doesn't have to sell to me if he
does not like those terms.

You will find you build yourself a pile of negative feedback if you continue
that!!

LOL. You are hysterical.

Sellers who try to screw buyers with defect return costs are the ones
who will end up with a "pile of negative feedback".

Honest sellers know it's their responsibility to pay for defect
returns. If they don't, then they need to make sure buyers understand
up front.

--

Map of the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy
http://home.houston.rr.com/rkba/vrwc.html

"The societal purpose of the media is to inculcate and defend the
economic, social, and political agenda of privileged groups that
dominate the domestic society and the state. The media serve this
purpose in many ways: through the selection of topics, distribution
of concerns, framing of issues, filtering of information, emphasis
and tone, and by keeping debate within the bounds of acceptable premises."