Looking for the best ATX 2.0 PSU for SLI + Monitor poll

Old January 15th 06, 09:50 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware

Default Looking for the best ATX 2.0 PSU for SLI + Monitor poll

On Sat, 14 Jan 2006 22:21:00 -0800, UCLAN
wrote:

kony wrote:

I hate to break it to you but your idea of
experience is not worth anything if you don't have real
facts, only vague illusions about what you "ought" to know
but apparently don't.

As I have previously written, I retired a few years ago. No, I
didn't write down a master list of supplies with the same cases
(a fact that you are relying on for your argument), but my repair
department came upon them on a daily basis. (Being one of the few
sites that would repair *any* brand PSU, or even fit our PSU "guts"
into a proprietary PSU case, I saw dozens of different brand PSUs.)
So, be smug with your 12 or so different cases. In the real world,
what I am saying is correct. I think you know that.

I still suggest that what you think you know about supplies
is not accurate. Maybe 15 years ago, not today or the past
few years.

Two cases that look passingly similar do still have
difference enough that they are NOT the exact same casing
used by multiple manufacturers. I've been doing this for a
long time and 12 brands I'd mentioned is but a drop in the
bucket- It counts not any systems I've worked in, worked on,
sold, or otherwise encountered in person, letalone online
pictures. Go out and see for yourself if you don't believe,
it is extremely uncommon if not unheard of to use the
_exact_ same casing for different manufacturer products.
Now if we were talking about different labels, including 3rd
party relablers from same actual manufacturer that would be
a different story, but then those are the same supply save
for a few cosmetic add-ons.

Old January 16th 06, 07:12 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware

kony wrote:

As I have previously written, I retired a few years ago. No, I
didn't write down a master list of supplies with the same cases
(a fact that you are relying on for your argument), but my repair
department came upon them on a daily basis. (Being one of the few
sites that would repair *any* brand PSU, or even fit our PSU "guts"
into a proprietary PSU case, I saw dozens of different brand PSUs.)
So, be smug with your 12 or so different cases. In the real world,
what I am saying is correct. I think you know that.

I still suggest that what you think you know about supplies
is not accurate. Maybe 15 years ago, not today or the past
few years.

I can't see the economics changing in the past few years.
Old January 16th 06, 08:24 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware

On Sun, 15 Jan 2006 23:12:27 -0800, UCLAN
wrote:

kony wrote:

As I have previously written, I retired a few years ago. No, I
didn't write down a master list of supplies with the same cases
(a fact that you are relying on for your argument), but my repair
department came upon them on a daily basis. (Being one of the few
sites that would repair *any* brand PSU, or even fit our PSU "guts"
into a proprietary PSU case, I saw dozens of different brand PSUs.)
So, be smug with your 12 or so different cases. In the real world,
what I am saying is correct. I think you know that.

I still suggest that what you think you know about supplies
is not accurate. Maybe 15 years ago, not today or the past
few years.

I can't see the economics changing in the past few years.

Doesn't matter what you "see", this whole discussion
centered around your concept of what you think "is" instead
of actual observation, or more importantly, that you have
not even one single example.

If you had been even slightly correct, you would have
necessarily had one, at an absolute bare minimum,
observation of this happening. You don't, it was a guess
apparently and an incorrect one from all the evidence.
Old January 16th 06, 08:43 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware

kony wrote:

I still suggest that what you think you know about supplies
is not accurate. Maybe 15 years ago, not today or the past
few years.

I can't see the economics changing in the past few years.

Doesn't matter what you "see", this whole discussion
centered around your concept of what you think "is" instead
of actual observation, or more importantly, that you have
not even one single example.

You have a problem understanding the English language. My usage
of the word "see" was instead of "imagine." What was an economic
advantage a few years ago is still so today. Your insistence on
an actual example (ad nauseam) is getting to be as irritating as
a small, whining child in a theater. If you have actual examples
of an item that occurred years in the past, then you are more anal
than I realized.
Old January 16th 06, 10:17 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware

On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 12:43:46 -0800, UCLAN
wrote:

kony wrote:

I still suggest that what you think you know about supplies
is not accurate. Maybe 15 years ago, not today or the past
few years.

I can't see the economics changing in the past few years.

Doesn't matter what you "see", this whole discussion
centered around your concept of what you think "is" instead
of actual observation, or more importantly, that you have
not even one single example.

You have a problem understanding the English language. My usage
of the word "see" was instead of "imagine."

I understood fine, you have continually tried to project
your imagination as it if somehow is a substitute for real
facts. What you suppose "could be", is only folly, not any
indication of what really "IS".

What was an economic
advantage a few years ago is still so today. Your insistence on
an actual example (ad nauseam) is getting to be as irritating as
a small, whining child in a theater.

More nonsense.
Whatever is floating around inside your own head is only
applicable to any company you start or control, is not
projected onto actions of any existing companies.

It is sad you don't realize the importance of real physical
evidence. How have you ever manged to get by until now if
that is the case? Actual examples are the basic requirement
that separates BS from reality.

Old January 17th 06, 05:34 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware

kony wrote:

I can't see the economics changing in the past few years.

Doesn't matter what you "see", this whole discussion
centered around your concept of what you think "is" instead
of actual observation, or more importantly, that you have
not even one single example.

You have a problem understanding the English language. My usage
of the word "see" was instead of "imagine."

I understood fine, you have continually tried to project
your imagination as it if somehow is a substitute for real
facts. What you suppose "could be", is only folly, not any
indication of what really "IS".

So you're saying that the economics *have* changed in the past
few years? Either they have or haven't. If you believe that they
have changed, please explain in what way.