Catalyst 4.11 and Catalyst Control Center

Old November 14th 04, 07:45 PM
Bill Davis Jr

Default Catalyst 4.11 and Catalyst Control Center

Ok I downloaded and installed the Catalyst 4.11 drivers for a 9800Pro.
I can not get Catalyst Control Center to open. If I click on Wizard in
the Start Menu it says "Catalyst Control Center Desktop Setup Wizard
failed".

Running Windows XP Pro w/ SP2. I tried re-installing but re-installing
killed my Norton Auto-Protect. So then I had to re-install Norton.

Any help?

Thanks,

Bill
Old November 14th 04, 07:57 PM
Inglo

On 11/14/2004 11:45 AM Bill Davis Jr brightened our day with:

Ok I downloaded and installed the Catalyst 4.11 drivers for a 9800Pro.
I can not get Catalyst Control Center to open. If I click on Wizard in
the Start Menu it says "Catalyst Control Center Desktop Setup Wizard
failed".

Running Windows XP Pro w/ SP2. I tried re-installing but re-installing
killed my Norton Auto-Protect. So then I had to re-install Norton.

Any help?

Thanks,

Bill

..NET?

--
Steve ¤»Inglo«¤
www.inglostadt.com

Old November 16th 04, 12:40 AM
Nerdillius Maximus

"Bill Davis Jr" wrote in message
news
Ok I downloaded and installed the Catalyst 4.11 drivers for a 9800Pro.
I can not get Catalyst Control Center to open. If I click on Wizard in
the Start Menu it says "Catalyst Control Center Desktop Setup Wizard
failed".

Running Windows XP Pro w/ SP2. I tried re-installing but re-installing
killed my Norton Auto-Protect. So then I had to re-install Norton.

Any help?

Thanks,

Bill

Use the non-CCC version? The CCC is a work in progress. Currently it's ten
pounds of ****e in a five-pound bag, although the product itself is pretty
decent IME...

Old November 16th 04, 01:50 AM
Nerdillius Maximus

"Inglo" ioo@??.¿¿¿ wrote in message
m...
On 11/14/2004 11:45 AM Bill Davis Jr brightened our day with:

Ok I downloaded and installed the Catalyst 4.11 drivers for a 9800Pro.
I can not get Catalyst Control Center to open. If I click on Wizard in
the Start Menu it says "Catalyst Control Center Desktop Setup Wizard
failed".

Running Windows XP Pro w/ SP2. I tried re-installing but re-installing
killed my Norton Auto-Protect. So then I had to re-install Norton.

Any help?

Thanks,

Bill

.NET?

Code bloat? Occam's Razor? Trust me, sometimes a simpler interface is much
better...

--
Steve ¤»Inglo«¤
www.inglostadt.com

Old November 16th 04, 09:54 AM
Robbie

I know you're supposed to have Net Framework installed from Windows
Update...

--
Robbie
http://www3.nbnet.nb.ca/rmorris/ollie.htm

Old November 16th 04, 09:07 PM
Bill Davis Jr

On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 00:40:16 GMT, "Nerdillius Maximus"
wrote:

"Bill Davis Jr" wrote in message
news
Ok I downloaded and installed the Catalyst 4.11 drivers for a 9800Pro.
I can not get Catalyst Control Center to open. If I click on Wizard in
the Start Menu it says "Catalyst Control Center Desktop Setup Wizard
failed".

Running Windows XP Pro w/ SP2. I tried re-installing but re-installing
killed my Norton Auto-Protect. So then I had to re-install Norton.

Any help?

Thanks,

Bill

Use the non-CCC version? The CCC is a work in progress. Currently it's ten
pounds of ****e in a five-pound bag, although the product itself is pretty
decent IME...

Thanks for the reply.

I am going to switch drivers tonight. I tried everything cannot get
CCC to work. I double click on the icon, I see a flash on my screen
and nothing.
Old November 16th 04, 09:10 PM
Bill Davis Jr

On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 09:54:07 GMT, "Robbie"
wrote:

I know you're supposed to have Net Framework installed from Windows
Update...

Even with that I cannot get it to work. I double click on the Icon or
right-click on the icon in the tray and I see a quick flash on my
screen and then nothing.

Old November 20th 04, 08:19 PM
Burwil

Bill Davis Jr wrote in message . ..
Ok I downloaded and installed the Catalyst 4.11 drivers for a 9800Pro.
I can not get Catalyst Control Center to open. If I click on Wizard in
the Start Menu it says "Catalyst Control Center Desktop Setup Wizard
failed".

Running Windows XP Pro w/ SP2. I tried re-installing but re-installing
killed my Norton Auto-Protect. So then I had to re-install Norton.

Any help?

Thanks,

Bill

Wondering myself....same thing is happening to me. Any solutions yet?