PVR card with hardware mpeg2 compression - Hauppauge 150 Amazon $66

Old February 3rd 05, 09:51 AM

Default PVR card with hardware mpeg2 compression - Hauppauge 150 Amazon $66

Its in stock again as someone mentioned at a site in a thread.
Its the hyped Hauppauge 150 which is the new one chip version of the
250 which went for much more - $100+. It reportedly has the same
functionality at a lower price and some say it has better quality.

Comes in 3 flavors.
150 retail pack -- this is often 99 bucks or so and comes with
software , remote , no FM , TV tuner, mpeg hardware compression
Stereo sound.

Its on sale this week at compusa for 69 I think after rebates.

If Compusa doesnt have them in stock Id get a raincheck on it
which my local Compusa always does accept unless its it specifically
says no orders accepted limted to stock on hand .

150 MCE versions not sure if these have software.
In fact I know some come with only the card and drivers.
Doesnt come with remote but has FM tuner, TV tuner
mpeg compression stereo sound.
You can buy supposedly better remotes separately
if you want to use it in a MCE box.

Theres the tall 150MCE version
This is the one back in stock for 66 bucks at Amazon free
shipping
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...&s=electronics

150 MCE short card -- its not as tall for those really small home
theater boxes but I think its exactly the same as above. Amazon is
selling it for $73. Do a search. Dont know if its in stock but it was
last time I looked.

----------------------

I ended up getting the 66 buck Hauppauge as the initial impressions of
the super hyped new ATI based card was mixed , disappointing. Many
couldnt tell the difference in captures between it and the Hauppauge
500. On paper it sounds dynamite 12bit vs 10 bit (hauppauge), extra
video processing, able to record sound on the card too etc Its selling
at Newegg and ZipZoomFly now for around 79-85 if you want to try it
but since its new theres less support in software so you might be
forced to use ATI software that comes with it. If it was $66 with free
shipping Id probably have risked it to try it out but even with only a
$20-30 difference in price I decided to go for the Hauppauge after the
disapponting results.

Some say the Hauppauge has a tendency to "ghost" in some motion shots
so they got the ATI which they claimed doesnt but Im not sure if thats
a universal Hauppauge problem or not or if its not fixable.

TV Capture Card PCI card prevents BIOS Phill Edwards General 3 October 17th 04 03:30 AM
Flash card reader: write problem... KILOWATT General 7 June 1st 04 12:19 AM
TV tuner card for LCD Stacey General 15 April 4th 04 03:06 AM
Major problems with new graphic card Jerry Manner General 0 October 12th 03 03:45 PM
SCSI Card error in WinXP Wayne Morgan General 0 October 9th 03 08:22 PM