corrupt MFT in harddisc

Old April 24th 06, 05:50 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware

Default corrupt MFT in harddisc

Hey,

I have 4 partitions on my extern HD, 1 FAT, and 3 NTFS
the 3 NTFS are vissable with the drive lettre, but no access.

programs show that the data are intact.
The MFT is corrupt.
can anyone help me te restore the MFT?
I used testdisk for it, but I do not know enough how to use it.

Please help
(sorry for my bad englisch)

Old April 24th 06, 07:30 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware

Hi ikke,
First of all your English is perfect, I really can't help you at
'first hand' as I have never had that experience....but have a look
here by clicking the link, it might help-:
http://www.freedownloadscenter.com/B...pair-ntfs.html

and also-:
http://www.whitecanyon.com/rmf-data-recovery-how-to.php I can't say if
any of these will help but at least it's a start.

Try a Google 'Corrupt MFT in hard disc'
may help

Davy

Old April 24th 06, 08:40 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware

On Mon, 24 Apr 2006 18:50:06 +0200, "ikke"
wrote:

Hey,

I have 4 partitions on my extern HD, 1 FAT, and 3 NTFS
the 3 NTFS are vissable with the drive lettre, but no access.

programs show that the data are intact.
The MFT is corrupt.
can anyone help me te restore the MFT?
I used testdisk for it, but I do not know enough how to use it.

Clone the corrupt disk so you have a backup. Then tell Windows to run
CHKDSK when you reboot. You do that in My Computer-C
Drive-Properties-Tools-ErrorChecking. Check only the first box to
fix errors. You can run a full scan later, which is recommended. For
now, one thing at a time. Then reboot.

When this happens to me I remount the corrupted disk as D: and run
CHKDSK manually. But then I have removable drive bays so I can swap
disks around easily.

--

"A politician's neck should always have a noose around it.
It keeps him upright."
Old April 24th 06, 08:41 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware

On Mon, 24 Apr 2006 18:30:36 GMT, lid (Davy) wrote:

Hi ikke,
First of all your English is perfect, I really can't help you at
'first hand' as I have never had that experience....but have a look
here by clicking the link, it might help-:
http://www.freedownloadscenter.com/B...pair-ntfs.html

and also-:
http://www.whitecanyon.com/rmf-data-recovery-how-to.php I can't say if
any of these will help but at least it's a start.

Try a Google 'Corrupt MFT in hard disc'
may help

Why do we have a second thread on this topic?

Here's the reply I made in the original thread:

Old April 24th 06, 08:43 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware

Davy wrote:

First of all your English is perfect, I really can't help you at
'first hand' as I have never had that experience....but have a look
here by clicking the link, it might help-:
http://www.freedownloadscenter.com/B...pair-ntfs.html

and also-:
http://www.whitecanyon.com/rmf-data-recovery-how-to.php I can't say if
any of these will help but at least it's a start.

Try a Google 'Corrupt MFT in hard disc'
may help

However your usenet technique is not (anywhere near perfect) You
have omitted all context, so that there is no clue as to what your
article is about. Google is not usenet, it is only a poor insipid
excuse for an interface to the usenet system. See below for means
of using it intelligently.

More details at: http://cfaj.freeshell.org/google/
Also see http://www.safalra.com/special/googlegroupsreply/

Old April 24th 06, 09:56 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware

"Bob" schreef in bericht
wrote:

Hey,

I have 4 partitions on my extern HD, 1 FAT, and 3 NTFS
the 3 NTFS are vissable with the drive lettre, but no access.

programs show that the data are intact.
The MFT is corrupt.
can anyone help me te restore the MFT?
I used testdisk for it, but I do not know enough how to use it.

Clone the corrupt disk so you have a backup. Then tell Windows to run
CHKDSK when you reboot. You do that in My Computer-C
Drive-Properties-Tools-ErrorChecking. Check only the first box to
fix errors. You can run a full scan later, which is recommended. For
now, one thing at a time. Then reboot.

When this happens to me I remount the corrupted disk as D: and run
CHKDSK manually. But then I have removable drive bays so I can swap
disks around easily.

I can't access the partition with chkdsk, so this is no option. I did try
it, but so far no succes.
I want te repair the mft, so that it will be possible to use the partitions
again.

Old April 24th 06, 10:00 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware

Hi Davy
with my search with google I find tools te copy files from the partitions.
That is no problem on the moment anymore.
But I would like it if I could repair the mft so that I will not have to
copy 200Gb. (no place for it)
I found one tool, but I dit not yet found out how to use it for repairing
the mtf

thanks anyway

Old April 25th 06, 12:42 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware

On Mon, 24 Apr 2006 22:56:14 +0200, "ikke"
wrote:

I can't access the partition with chkdsk,

How did you try?

Is the partition NFTS or FAT?

Old April 25th 06, 12:44 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware

On Mon, 24 Apr 2006 23:00:29 +0200, "ikke"
wrote:

Hi Davy
with my search with google I find tools te copy files from the partitions.
That is no problem on the moment anymore.
But I would like it if I could repair the mft so that I will not have to
copy 200Gb. (no place for it)
I found one tool, but I dit not yet found out how to use it for repairing
the mtf

If you can access the corrupt disk to do what you describe above, why
can't you run CHKDSK on it?

Old April 25th 06, 09:46 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware

"Bob" schreef in bericht
wrote:

I can't access the partition with chkdsk,

How did you try?

Is the partition NFTS or FAT?

The disk partitions that I can not read are NTFS.
To access its files I have to use other programs such as
GetDataBack_for_NTFS.
But even that is a problem at the moment.
So afther a lot of trying different programs I have more problems than
before.