Happy Birthday America

Old August 6th 03, 01:51 PM
Nick Hogg

reminds me of that other (apocryphal) tale from the cold war, with some
american atsronauts bragging to their russian counterparts about a pen they
had developed, at immense cost, but that would write faultlessly in all
conditions - including zero gravity. yeah, said one of the cosmonauts - we
have one of those too: it's called a pencil.

but the thing about the drill really *doesn't* make any practical sense: if
the yanks thought that they had the smallest drill, why would they have sent
one to the russkies?

Old August 6th 03, 03:27 PM
Alan Hinchcliffe

bragging rights

There is a solution!"

http://www.giantcompany.com

. ..

Old August 6th 03, 04:05 PM
Wes Newell

On Wed, 06 Aug 2003 11:13:44 +0000, Alan Hinchcliffe wrote:

the point is .... the americans thought they were able to produce things far
better, more accurate and smaller than everyone else.

but they didnt expect the USSR to send it back having drilled a hole down
the smallest thing the americans could produce and on top of that drill a
hole down hardened steel, maybe you need to be an engineer to understand but
next time u get a chance try drilling a 1mm hole down a 10mm hardened steel
drill and you will understand.

I don't know what this has to do with AMD, but i heard this joke over 40
years ago, except then the Americans sent it to the Germans.

Frankly, I don't give a **** who can make the smallest drill. I just wish
I could remember who told the joke originally. It was a well known comic
of the times. Might have been Hope.

Old August 6th 03, 04:12 PM
Wes Newell

I don't know which moron wrote the original thread and cross posted it to
4 NG's, but it's time to stop. Anyone replying to this please do it by
email.

Old August 6th 03, 04:37 PM
Frank Weston

This stupid thread deserves to die.

A simple Google search will demonstrate that you are very wrong on almost
every point. Why would you post such misinformation?

"Arthur Hagen" wrote in message

"J.D." wrote in message

Anything from france is low quality and overpriced, not to mention
they themselves are a bunch of ****ing drunks. Oh, and while we're at
it, anything the Japanese have done is reverse-engineered American
technology. Hell, anybody, even the french, could do that.

Two countries are known for not innovating much, but capitalizing on

foreign
inventions, or beating the original inventor in the rush to the patent
office. One is Japan, and the other is the US.

The first car: Germany
The first electric light: United Kingdom
The first lightbulb: Russia
The first battery: Italy
The first camera: France
The first locomotive: Britain
The first airplane: Germany
The first powered airplane: France
The first punch cards: France
The first computer: Germany
The first electronic computer: United Kingdom
The world wide web: Switzerland
The first rocket: Germany
The first person in space: Soviet Union
The first declaration of liberty: France

The US has its proud inventions too:

http://totallyabsurd.com/foulspoon.htm

They can kiss my Red, White, and Blue ass.

Funny, that. The Red, White and Blue colors were copied from the flag of
another country, which the Americans in charge admired very much. France.

Remember the First Amendment!

If you try to bash the French by reminding people of the First Amendment

the US constitution (a.k.a. The Bill of Rights), you only succeed in

making
yourself look like an idiot.
You see, the US Bill of Rights is in large parts a translation, almost

word
by word, of Count Sieyes' "The Rights of Man and of the Citizen", the
preamble to the French constitution.

--
*Art

Old August 6th 03, 08:15 PM
All Of A Sudden

"Greg Ricketts" wrote in message
.. .
How many American soldiers are in Iraq, how many British soldiers are in
Iraq? How much real estate is under American control in Iraq, how much is
controlled by the Bristish? Obviously a dumbass comparison when you look

at
it in the proper perspective. Arsehole back at you.

So to use your own idea back at you - how many "YANKS" won the second world
war for the rest of us?

Where were you?

NOTE: More than 75% of British casualties in BOTH gulf wars were inflicted
by "YANK" friendly fire - Living proof that you don't know your arse from
your elbow!!

I also noticed that your crappy country still has not stopped funding the
provisional IRA!!

Also - I noticed that a SMALL contingent of British forces captured IRAQS
Second Biggest city long before the americans learned to spell IRAQ!!

And all those special forces that have been leading the US Infantry
divisions to their targets? Oh yes - That will be the SAS - World Leaders!!!

Come back when a dollar buys a pound!!

You puny little country boy!!

Old August 6th 03, 08:47 PM
Ed Light

Don't think that J.D. represents the "typical" American. Nope.

--
Ed Light

Smiley :-/
MS Smiley :-\

Old August 6th 03, 08:49 PM
Ed Light

"J.D."
Out of us nerds' groups, please. Try to improve your iq.

--
Ed Light

Smiley :-/
MS Smiley :-\

Old August 7th 03, 12:16 AM
Arthur Hagen

"All Of A Sudden" wrote in message

So to use your own idea back at you - how many "YANKS" won the second
world war for the rest of us?

400000 US soldiers sacrificed their lives in WWII, mostly in the Pacific
Theatre, fighting for themselves. More than 20 *million* Russian soldiers
lost their lives, mostly fighting for Europe.
I know who to thank, thank you very much.

--
*Art

Old August 7th 03, 01:53 AM
Greg Ricketts

Bite my ass, I can assume what he is talking about. But I won't. If you're
going to try to degrade others on these groups then you better explain your
posts well enough so that people know what your talking about. He did not,
period. And your little passive aggressive ploy of trying to make me look
like I'm blowing my stack is transparent and weasely as well. Oh, and you
didn't explain, what he was trying to explain, either. Retard.

"Sascha Hauke" wrote in message
On Wed, 06 Aug 2003 11:03:46 GMT, "Greg Ricketts"
wrote:

That made no stinking sense at all. Why don't you explain yourself a

little
better in these posts or don't post at all. "The Americans sent a drill

the russians ...". What the hell are you talking about? Dork.

Calm down a bit...