Mis-representation ?

Old December 16th 03, 12:26 AM
DaveL

The drivers won't load because the card is toast. What else could it be?
Are you going to decipher that that ram is dodgy and then say you want your
money back because the seller could not come to the same conclusion? All he
knows is the card would not work. He doesn't know why. Maybe it does have
bad ram and that is why the driver won't load. You still got what you paid
for.

Dave

"Nick Le Lievre" wrote in message
"Chris Malme" wrote in message
Conor wrote in
:

In article ,
says...

Firstly nothings concrete yet I can`t confirm one way or the other -
if the screen corruption problem is there and is there at POST I
will leave negative feedback for omitting this rather important fact
from the auction description

IT DOESN'T ****ING WELL WORK! How can you honestly leave negative
feedback if it doesn't work when he has said as much.

My God. You are the most unbelivably idiotic imbecile I have ever come
across. If you were a child of mine I'd be embarrassed to admit it.

On the other hand, if it *does* work, Nick will probably want to leave

neg
feedback as it wasn't faulty "as advertised".

If it works we both win - he got good money for it £ 38 and I get a

working
card - if it doesn`t work and I feel it is so obvious as to why and that

it
should have been thrown in the dustbin I will leave a neutral at worst.

The
drivers not loading is something I am interested into finding out the

cause
of - he says he cannot guarantee that it will be recognised in any other
computer but I feel this was posted due to pressure from a barrage of
questions from prospective bidders.

Old December 16th 03, 12:30 AM
Nick Le Lievre

"DaveL" wrote in message
The drivers won't load because the card is toast. What else could it be?
Are you going to decipher that that ram is dodgy and then say you want

your
money back because the seller could not come to the same conclusion? All

he
knows is the card would not work. He doesn't know why. Maybe it does

have
bad ram and that is why the driver won't load. You still got what you

paid
for.

Dave

If I too simply cannot get drivers to load I will then say christ that`s
wierd I can understand why this guy got frustrated with it and gave up - and
will leave positive feedback. If however it is accompanied with other issues
that were not mentioned such as chequered boarding and corrupted graphics at
BIOS/POST I will then say that guy should really have mentioned this in the
description as it would have put off a lot of bidders and will leave
neutral.

Old December 16th 03, 12:30 AM
Tony Houghton

In ,
Nick Le Lievre wrote:

Yeah but if BIOS/POST corruption is there I think it should of been
mentioned in the description because it is pretty bad and very obvious - but
I do not think my seller has seen this becuase I believe he would not of put
it on eBay had this been the case - he does not come across as that kinda
person.

Here's another hobby you should take up instead of computers: join a
circus and ride a bicycle backwards.

--
My real address is in the Reply-To and includes the .nospam.
See http://www.realh.co.uk/contact.html for more reliable contact addresses.
Old December 16th 03, 12:31 AM
Nick Le Lievre

"DaveL" wrote in message
Not only are you an MFing sniper but you and a bad ebayer too. You have

pay and if you don't you will be in breach of contract.

Dave

I already paid.

Old December 16th 03, 12:48 AM
Ferger

Nick Le Lievre secured a place in history by writing:

I bought this item on eBay
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...27387&item=276
9544241 on the basis of the information given which is the PCs
recognise the card but will not load the drivers. I have not recieved
the card yet but I`m starting to worry that I have not been given an
honest auction description as it would appear to be.

The most common genuine "fault" with these Creative Ti4400 cards is
bad ram which is obvious from the screen corruption there is no
mention of screen corruption in the auction description - so a correct
representation would not mention screen corruption which it does not.
However there is a possibility that the screen corruption only occurs
once the drivers have loaded giving him a great reason to pretend he
could not get the drivers loaded.

FFS. He might have your insight into what could be wrong with the card,
and be a charlatan. Or he might have as much insight as most people do ie
just about understand that you need something called 'a driver' to make the
card work and it doesn't (pretty pattern on the way through!)

I can't believe you posted this TBH.. Your gripe is 'I know he said it
didn't work, but I fear that it may not work for a different reason from
the one he thinks, which is far worse than the reason he suggests, despite
the not working claim being made in apparently good faith in as much as it
says this item DOESN'T WORK". That's moronic isn't it? Like, totally,
utterly not the thinking of a sane person idiocy??.

And you continue to argue the toss for next 50 messages as well???? All
these people calling you an asshole....doesn't that make you pause and
think for even a second?

Old December 16th 03, 12:52 AM
Nick Le Lievre

"Ferger" wrote in message
[...]

I think the trouble is the people who think I`m an arsehole can probably
relate to a time where they`ve not been totally honest about an item they`ve
sold on eBay in order that it reaches the highest price possible. So they
think I`m an arsehole for pretending that I`m above this type of behaviour -
I`m not I can be ecomonical with the truth at times myself but when it comes
with computer hardware if I think somethings important I`ll mention it and I
think my buyer shares my attitude - thats why I took the risk - I liked his
description.

Old December 16th 03, 12:58 AM
Chris 159

"Nick Le Lievre" wrote in message

I think the trouble is the people who think I`m an arsehole can probably
relate to a time where they`ve not been totally honest about an item

they`ve
sold on eBay in order that it reaches the highest price possible. So they
think I`m an arsehole for pretending that I`m above this type of

behaviour -

we think you're an arese-hole for whinging like **** about poxy stupid
things in the news groups

Old December 16th 03, 01:03 AM
Nick Le Lievre

"Chris 159" wrote in message

"Nick Le Lievre" wrote in message

I think the trouble is the people who think I`m an arsehole can probably
relate to a time where they`ve not been totally honest about an item

they`ve
sold on eBay in order that it reaches the highest price possible. So

they
think I`m an arsehole for pretending that I`m above this type of

behaviour -

we think you're an arese-hole for whinging like **** about poxy stupid
things in the news groups

Do you know of a better place to whinge about such matters ?