Major DVI problems

Old March 25th 07, 04:29 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Donut@shop

Default Major DVI problems

Hi, I have an ATI x1950XT my problem is thar no matter what I do I
cannot get a DVI Dilsplay, I had some trouble with the first one with
scrmbled graphics in vga, sent it in, picked up a 1300 to use while
RMA same DVI-nothing, went through 2 different monitors, new P/S
nothing has worked.
is there anyone out there with a clue?

Aside I don't suppose a Dx10 Crossfire could possibly be a master with
my $450 DX9 card?

Old March 25th 07, 05:38 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Augustus

Donut@shop wrote in message
Hi, I have an ATI x1950XT my problem is thar no matter what I do I
cannot get a DVI Dilsplay, I had some trouble with the first one with
scrmbled graphics in vga, sent it in, picked up a 1300 to use while
RMA same DVI-nothing, went through 2 different monitors, new P/S
nothing has worked.
is there anyone out there with a clue?

Aside I don't suppose a Dx10 Crossfire could possibly be a master with
my $450 DX9 card?

I'm having some trouble understanding what you're trying to say....you say
your current X1950XT can not produce a DVI signal to your monitor. Then you
say your original one had scrambled graphics functioning "in vga", so you
RMA'd it, and picked up 1300 series card which also had no functioning DVI
output. On two different monitors. Is this essentially right?
-did the DVI output on the original X1950XT function?

-have you at any point used a different DVI cable than the one you are
currently using?

-the probability of having three new cards and two new monitors all with
dead DVI is basically zero. The power supply is irrelevant to this. The only
thing you have not tried is a different DVI cable.

-there are three types of DVI cable....I suggest you check which you require
versus which you currently have. If you have the correct type, change it to
another. It's the only other thing that can prevent a DVI signal getting to
the monitor.

http://www.datapro.net/techinfo/dvi_cables.html

Old March 27th 07, 01:44 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Roger

On Sun, 25 Mar 2007 04:38:11 GMT, "Augustus"
wrote:

Donut@shop wrote in message
.. .
[...]

I had a similar problem and it turned out to be the BIOS on the ASUS
motherboard. They've made it very easy to update, A could of clilcks
and about one minute to update and the X1950XT worked properly.

-there are three types of DVI cable....I suggest you check which you require
versus which you currently have. If you have the correct type, change it to
another. It's the only other thing that can prevent a DVI signal getting to
the monitor.

http://www.datapro.net/techinfo/dvi_cables.html

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com
Old April 2nd 07, 04:21 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
FKS

Donut@shop wrote in message
Hi, I have an ATI x1950XT my problem is thar no matter what I do I
cannot get a DVI Dilsplay, I had some trouble with the first one with
scrmbled graphics in vga, sent it in, picked up a 1300 to use while
RMA same DVI-nothing, went through 2 different monitors, new P/S
nothing has worked.
is there anyone out there with a clue?

It is you or your motherboard that is responsible for the problem. The
probability of having 2 faulty cards in a row and having 2 faulty monitors
in a row is zero.