9200SE TV-Out lead ?

Old October 3rd 06, 05:28 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Cuzman

Default 9200SE TV-Out lead ?

I have a 9200SE on one of my systems that requires a TV-Out lead. The
output connection is a line of 4 pins above a line of 3 pins. I'm
wondering where I can get such a connector, as I have been informed that
this is ATI-specific.

I have a Wharfedale LCD32HDMI television that I need to hook it up to
for full-screen video.
http://www.microdirect.co.uk/Product...1&GroupID=1624

It has all the usual inputs including composite and HDMI. I'm sure that
the composite-in will suffice, but is there any chance of getting a lead
that utilises the HDMI-in?

Can anyone advise on whre I can get the correct lead(s)? I'm UK based.

TIA.
Old October 3rd 06, 06:12 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Tom Scales

"Cuzman" wrote in message

I have a 9200SE on one of my systems that requires a TV-Out lead. The
output connection is a line of 4 pins above a line of 3 pins. I'm
wondering where I can get such a connector, as I have been informed that
this is ATI-specific.

I have a Wharfedale LCD32HDMI television that I need to hook it up to for
full-screen video.
http://www.microdirect.co.uk/Product...1&GroupID=1624

It has all the usual inputs including composite and HDMI. I'm sure that
the composite-in will suffice, but is there any chance of getting a lead
that utilises the HDMI-in?

Can anyone advise on whre I can get the correct lead(s)? I'm UK based.

TIA.

Does your 9200SE have a DVI connector? If so, your best bet is a DVI to
HDMI cable.

Old October 4th 06, 03:09 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Cuzman

Tom Scales wrote:

" Does your 9200SE have a DVI connector? If so, your best bet is a DVI
to HDMI cable. "

Yes, but I have it hooked up to an LCD monitor. I really need to use
the TV-out for the 32 inch TV.
Old October 4th 06, 10:58 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Tom Scales

"Cuzman" wrote in message
Tom Scales wrote:

" Does your 9200SE have a DVI connector? If so, your best bet is a DVI
to HDMI cable. "

Yes, but I have it hooked up to an LCD monitor. I really need to use the
TV-out for the 32 inch TV.

Assuming the 32 inch TV is HD, then you will lost SIGNIFICANT quality using
TV out. Your TV would be capabile of at least 720p (1280x720) and your TV
out is 720x480 (assuming NTSC -- slightly better with PAL).