Utility to burn in new hard drive?

Old July 31st 06, 06:29 AM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.engineering.electrical
Rod Speed

Default Utility to burn in new hard drive?

Some gutless ****wit desperately cowering behind
Phat Bytestard wrote
just the puerile **** thats always pouring from the back of it.

Old July 31st 06, 06:33 AM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.engineering.electrical
Rod Speed

Phat Bytestard wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Phat Bytestard wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Phat Bytestard wrote
kony wrote
Phat Bytestard wrote
Mike Tomlinson wrote
Phat Bytestard wrote

Flawed, ****ed up logic. They have already been thoroughly
tested as long as one sticks with a reputable manufacturer.

They may have been (though I have my doubts), but that doesn't
take account of any damage that may have occurred while the drive
makes its way from China, through the channel to the end-user.

That's total bull**** due to the specs of the drive. When not
under power, they typically can handle 250 plus G shocks, and
the way they are packaged and shipped, no such shock is even
possible to impart on a drive without damaging the packaging.
Hence, if the packaging is in proper order, the drive inside is as
well. They can even typically survive 60G shocks when in operation.

Try again. In fact, **** that... YOU LOSE! Hands down!

Actually at least one drive manufacturer cites handling,
including shipping, as the major causes of premature drive
failure. Wish I remembered which one but that's not even a
guarantee their webpage or docs haven't changed in the interim.

Probably MaxTurd.

How much force do you think a 250G shock imparts?

If the ****ing box is not damaged, the drive inside is very likely not
going to be damaged, and if it is, it was not done during shipping.

They aint always in that sort of packing all
the way from china to the end user's table.

I don't care if they are bare drives in an egg crate type box, the box would
STILL show significant damage if it were subjected to a 250G shock,

Even someone as stupid as you should have noticed that to get
from a pallet load to the individual purchaser's table, they might
just have to be moved from one type of packaging to another and
in the process can get dropped when not in any packaging, cretin.

And even in such cases are still not subjected
to the shock levels required to damage them.

Wrong if some monkey drops it when getting out of the
pallet load into what gets sent to the end user, stupid.

If a drive is dropped at the factory, it goes to a different
qualification line for a completely different examination,

Pity about what happens when its dropped outside the factory, cretin.

Old July 31st 06, 06:39 AM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.engineering.electrical
Phat Bytestard

On Mon, 31 Jul 2006 04:16:16 GMT, John Doe
Gave us:

Right... and I popped your mother's cherry so the hoods could rape her.

Proof that you are a mere immature adolescent twit.
Old July 31st 06, 06:41 AM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.engineering.electrical
Phat Bytestard

On Mon, 31 Jul 2006 15:29:21 +1000, "Rod Speed"
Gave us:

Thanks for that completely superfluous proof that you
have never ever had a ****ing clue about the basics of
how mass market commodity drives are shipped, child.

Since I have bought them by the case from more than one maker, I am
certain that I have more of a clue than you ever will.
Old July 31st 06, 06:44 AM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.engineering.electrical
Phat Bytestard

On Mon, 31 Jul 2006 15:33:21 +1000, "Rod Speed"
Gave us:

Wrong if some monkey drops it when getting out of the
pallet load into what gets sent to the end user, stupid.

You're an idiot. A drive in a box at the store doesn't get "sent to
the end user" from the factory, you retarded twit.

I think you are a line worker at a PC company like Dell. Your
mentality certainly suggests such. You turn the same screws every
day. Hahaah... what a ****ing joke you are.
Old July 31st 06, 06:47 AM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.engineering.electrical
Phat Bytestard

On Mon, 31 Jul 2006 15:33:21 +1000, "Rod Speed"
Gave us:

Pity about what happens when its dropped outside the factory, cretin.

I noticed that you never did answer the question about how many Gs
are placed on an item dropped from 4 feet up.

Guess what, ****tard? It isn't anywhere near 250Gs.
Old July 31st 06, 06:52 AM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.engineering.electrical
Rod Speed

Folkert Rienstra wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Folkert Rienstra wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Folkert Rienstra wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Folkert Rienstra wrote
Mxsmanic wrote
Osiris writes

Is it "generally accepted", that a virgin HD will only
decease within 1 hour or after 5 years of operation ?

With devices such as disk drives, if they don't fail
within an hour or two, they'll probably run for years.

Vendors exercise drives to reduce the incidence of the former.

If they did WD would not set Writecheck on for
their drives early life to catch bad sectors on writes.

That is Maxtor, not WD.

And that is for remapping of bads too, not for early drive death.

reams of pseudokraut **** flushed where it belongs

If they exercised drives like that maniac said they wouldn't have
to do that. The 'exerciser' would have taken care of that too.

Depends on what the exerciser did.

Read at a minimum and possibly also write, what else.

If its just a read, the excerciser clearly wouldnt have 'taken care of' anything.

Nonsense. At a minimum it would have recorded the bad sector candidates
so that at the first write by the enduser these sectors will be reassigned.

Pathetic, really.

And no, bad sectors showing up would also be viewed as early drive death.

You presumably meant would not.

Nope, meant exactly what I said. The writechecking helps prevent
the drives from showing bad sectors and thus from early returns
by people who do not know what the significance of that is.

Bad sectors do not necessarily make a dying drive.

Duh. Pity about your stupid 'would'. You should have said 'may be'.

Pity then about your stupid presumption of 'would not'.

No presumption, I assumed thats what you stupidly intended.

You should have said 'may be'.

Pity it wasnt me doing the saying.

As a result, drives that survive a very brief infancy

A timespan that you may want to speed up instead of waiting out.

will likely remain reliable for a very long time.

Hence the burn-in test.

Old July 31st 06, 07:09 AM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.engineering.electrical
Rod Speed

Phat Bytestard wrote
Rod Speed wrote

Thanks for that completely superfluous proof that you
have never ever had a ****ing clue about the basics of
how mass market commodity drives are shipped, child.

Since I have bought them by the case from more than one maker,

Easy to claim, child.

I am certain that I have more of a clue than you ever will.

Clearly havent got a clue about what happens to
the drive between the pallet and the end user's table.

Old July 31st 06, 07:12 AM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.engineering.electrical
Rod Speed

Phat Bytestard wrote
Rod Speed wrote

Wrong if some monkey drops it when getting out of the
pallet load into what gets sent to the end user, stupid.

You're an idiot.

You're a terminal pig ignorant ****wit.

A drive in a box at the store doesn't get
"sent to the end user" from the factory,

Never ever said it did, cretin.

I think

Not a shred of evidence that you are actually capable of thought.

you are a line worker at a PC company like Dell.

Guess which pathetic little pig ignorant prat has
just got egg all over its silly little face, yet again ?

reams of your puerile **** any 2 year old could leave for dead flushed where it belongs

Old July 31st 06, 07:13 AM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.engineering.electrical
Rod Speed

Phat Bytestard wrote
Rod Speed wrote

Irrelevant to whether that can **** a drive, ****wit child.