For Logitech MX1000 laser mouse owners

Old June 30th 05, 04:41 PM
John Doe

Default For Logitech MX1000 laser mouse owners

What is your experience with the Logitech MX 1000 laser mouse?

I am mainly concerned about precision and physical ease of use. Is
it noticeably better than other mice you have owned? How much
better? Is picking up the mouse a problem? Do you have to pick up
the mouse less than with other mice?

And, of course, how is your MX1000 for gaining?

Thank you.

--
I am assuming you updated the drivers. In this thread, I am
inquiring about performance, not minor technical issues. System
Old June 30th 05, 06:50 PM
Chris Townsend

The MX1000 sucks for gaming, lift it off the pad and it skips, I hate mine,
I used it less than a week and went back to my MX510 gaming mouse which is
superb for all uses, not just gaming. If you are looking for a gaming mouse
go with a 510 or the new 518 and live with a cord.

Old June 30th 05, 07:24 PM
Richard Dower

"John Doe" wrote in message
What is your experience with the Logitech MX 1000 laser mouse?

I am mainly concerned about precision and physical ease of use. Is
it noticeably better than other mice you have owned? How much
better? Is picking up the mouse a problem? Do you have to pick up
the mouse less than with other mice?

And, of course, how is your MX1000 for gaining?

Thank you.

Awesome, first class...best mouse ever, best i've ever used. Have the MX3100
desktop set with the latest 2.40 Setpoint software!!

Old June 30th 05, 08:50 PM
BillL

"Richard Dower" wrote in message

"John Doe" wrote in message
What is your experience with the Logitech MX 1000 laser mouse?

I am mainly concerned about precision and physical ease of use. Is
it noticeably better than other mice you have owned? How much
better? Is picking up the mouse a problem? Do you have to pick up
the mouse less than with other mice?

And, of course, how is your MX1000 for gaining?

Thank you.

Awesome, first class...best mouse ever, best i've ever used. Have the
MX3100 desktop set with the latest 2.40 Setpoint software!!

Skipping in games is only a problem if you're somebody who lifts the mouse
to reposition it in use (I don't). I'd say if you want to go cordless in
games the MX1000 is the only way to go. Its certainly better than the MX700
and before that a MS cordless mouse that I've used in the past.

BillL

Old June 30th 05, 10:13 PM
f r e e

no problems of any sort here, but its jsut a mouse like all the other
(quality) mouses ive owned.
my only complaint is that the wheel stands so far out of the body, my middel
finger hurts a bit after hours...

i dont use Logi's software, its crap

--
F r e e

Old June 30th 05, 11:03 PM
Hank the Rapper

John Doe wrote:

And, of course, how is your MX1000 for gaining?

It's the first wireless mouse I've used and it's great. I have never had any
problems with it when I'm gaming. I can go one to two weeks between charges,
depending on how often I use it. Plus it has an internal battery so you
don't need to spend money with a supply of batteries.

Old June 30th 05, 11:32 PM
Andrew

On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 17:50:39 GMT, "Chris Townsend"
wrote:

The MX1000 sucks for gaming, lift it off the pad and it skips, I hate mine,
I used it less than a week and went back to my MX510 gaming mouse which is
superb for all uses, not just gaming. If you are looking for a gaming mouse
go with a 510 or the new 518 and live with a cord.

Any halfway decent player has their mouse sensitivity up enough so
they never have to lift it. My mouse never moves more than about 3
inches in any direction.
Old July 1st 05, 12:51 PM
Shawk

"John Doe" wrote in message
What is your experience with the Logitech MX 1000 laser mouse?

I am mainly concerned about precision and physical ease of use. Is
it noticeably better than other mice you have owned? How much
better? Is picking up the mouse a problem? Do you have to pick up
the mouse less than with other mice?

And, of course, how is your MX1000 for gaining?

Thank you.

Still using and enjoying an old M$ Intellimouse Optical but I am looking at
the Logitech wireless keyboard *and* MX700 for £35 (the MX700 alone on the
same site is £41). Sounds like a good deal and I'm very tempted. The
MX1000 is £80-odd and I just dont see any mouse being worth that much money.

Old July 1st 05, 01:20 PM
Jed

On Fri, 1 Jul 2005 12:51:34 +0100, "Shawk"
wrote:

The MX1000 is £80-odd and I just dont see any mouse being worth that much money.

Ouch. I got my MX1000 a couple of months ago for around US$55. Once
again you Brits are getting shafted on tech product prices.

The MX1000 is a good mouse, accurate, sensitive, and, best of all,
rechargeable with a handy charge indicator. No batteries to deal with
which is the feature I was looking for. It is not, however, worth
80GBP (~US$145.00).

The only negative I see is the size of the mouse. It's big, wider and
taller, and takes some getting used to after switching from a smaller
mouse.