Ink clogs in Epson printers

Old July 14th 04, 12:21 PM
Goyan

Default Ink clogs in Epson printers

Do ink clog happen frequently in recent Epson printers? I think I am going
for the CX6400, but I heard that ink clog happens alot in Epson printers.

What about Canon? do they get ink clogs?

Thank you for your time.
--

Goyan

ŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒ
Men's reach should exceed his grasp, or what is the Heaven for?
- Michael Corleone, the Godfather
ŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒŒ
Old July 14th 04, 06:17 PM
Mike Walsh

The old Epson printers I am familiar with, Stylus Color 500 and 400, will=
clog the nozzles if you don't print every two weeks or so. Some printers=
have the print head included in the ink cartridge so if you replace the =
cartirige you have a new print head. Epson printers have separate print h=
eads so if you change the ink cartridge you still have clogged nozzles, a=
t least on their older printers. =

Goyan wrote:
=

Do ink clog happen frequently in recent Epson printers? I think I am go=

ing
for the CX6400, but I heard that ink clog happens alot in Epson printer=

s.
=

What about Canon? do they get ink clogs?
=

Thank you for your time.
--
=

Goyan

=

=8C=8C=8C=8C=8C=8C=8C=8C=8C=8C=8C=8C=8C=8C=8C=8C=8 C=8C=8C=8C=8C=8C=8C=8C=

=8C=8C=8C=8C=8C=8C=8C=8C=8C=8C=8C=8C=8C=8C=8C=8C=8 C=8C=8C=8C
Men's reach should exceed his grasp, or what is the Heaven for?
- Michael Corleone, the Godfather
=8C=8C=8C=8C=8C=8C=8C=8C=8C=8C=8C=8C=8C=8C=8C=8C=8 C=8C=8C=8C=8C=8C=8C=8C=

=8C=8C=8C=8C=8C=8C=8C=8C=8C=8C=8C=8C=8C=8C=8C=8C=8 C=8C=8C=8C

-- =

When replying by Email include NewSGrouP (case sensitive) in Subject

Mike Walsh
West Palm Beach, Florida, U.S.A.
Old July 15th 04, 12:50 AM
Jan Alter

You've asked a question that raises the hair on the back of Epson advocates
if they are on the defense to this possible problem.
The answer is...
All Epson printers have their heads built into the printer. From my
experience they appear prone to minor clogs and one may have to go through
cleaning routines to get them printing smoothly after a long period where
they haven't been printing regularly. However, they do clear and they
usually print fine. In fact they print better when used more.
That said I'll give you some background for my answer. I've been using
Epson Stylus printers since about '94. I'm in charge of taking care of 32
Epson 740 printers, and 16 Epson 880 printers in our elementary school, in
addition to some C80, C82, and C84's.
In 1999 we started off with 36 Epson 740 printers. One was stolen, and
three others malfunctioned with their paper not feeding right. These
printers are now five years old and not one has succomed to clogged heads.
The 880's are three years old and one died this year, from an electronics
malfunction (cause it wouldn't print in either color or black). We're
located in Philadelphia, where lack of humidity is not a problem. I get the
feeling that lack of humidity will have more of a predeliction to have the
heads clogged if not used regularly- but that may simply be a feeling.
From where I sit doing lots of photography for a hobby Epson produces
some of the best photo printing machines anywhere. The text isn't bad
either. Most folks rave about the HP for text. I've heard some great things
about Canon printers for dependability. That said I'm sure that every other
computer user has got a story to tell you about their printer.

--
Jan Alter

or

Goyan wrote:

Do ink clog happen frequently in recent Epson printers? I think I am going
for the CX6400, but I heard that ink clog happens alot in Epson printers.

What about Canon? do they get ink clogs?

Thank you for your time.
--

Goyan

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Old July 15th 04, 04:07 PM
John ¿

Buy a Canon i865

Old August 6th 04, 04:15 PM
s-weigand

My Cpson Stylus 640 has served me well for several years (although I
need to clean the print head every new day I use it and during heavy
useage). I recently installed 2 Inkfarm brand cartridges and have not
had good printing since; the color mode has banding on everything even
after 20 cleanings. The black mode prints uneven text although it is
the same page, font and size print. Does anyone have any suggestions
for solving this problem? Thank you.
Old August 6th 04, 05:18 PM
MCheu

On 6 Aug 2004 08:15:53 -0700, (s-weigand)
wrote:

My Cpson Stylus 640 has served me well for several years (although I
need to clean the print head every new day I use it and during heavy
useage). I recently installed 2 Inkfarm brand cartridges and have not
had good printing since; the color mode has banding on everything even
after 20 cleanings. The black mode prints uneven text although it is
the same page, font and size print. Does anyone have any suggestions
for solving this problem? Thank you.

Are you still using the Inkfarm cartridges? and have you had good
results with Inkfarm cartridges before?

While alternate cartridges are cheaper and usually pretty good, not
all brands are equal. If the ink is way off spec, the head might not
be able to aim it as well. Try another brand, to see if it might just
be an ink problem.

Next, you could try a manual cleaning of the head, if this printer
allows you to remove it or reach it. Put a moistened paper towel
(preferably a high grade one that won't leave residue) against the
head nozzles and let capillary action suck some ink from the head. Be
careful doing this as you can damage the head if you're not careful.
After doing this a few times, you can sometimes remove a stubborn ink
clog that the cleaning cycle can't. Of course, if this is one of the
models where the head is inaccessible, I guess this isn't an option.

MCheu
Old August 7th 04, 12:33 AM
oldcrusty

check sites like ink4art etc and get cartriges for head cleaning. they
inject cleaner not ink. run printer intil no print shows. then replace
cartriges. i use ink4art cartridges in cx5400 epsons with no problems.
"s-weigand" wrote in message
om...
My Cpson Stylus 640 has served me well for several years (although I
need to clean the print head every new day I use it and during heavy
useage). I recently installed 2 Inkfarm brand cartridges and have not
had good printing since; the color mode has banding on everything even
after 20 cleanings. The black mode prints uneven text although it is
the same page, font and size print. Does anyone have any suggestions
for solving this problem? Thank you.

---

Old August 7th 04, 01:29 AM
General Schvantzkoph

On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 12:21:35 +0100, Goyan wrote:

Do ink clog happen frequently in recent Epson printers? I think I am going
for the CX6400, but I heard that ink clog happens alot in Epson printers.

What about Canon? do they get ink clogs?

Thank you for your time.

Yes they have terrible clogging problems. Get an HP.