Duel screen and running apps...

Old September 5th 04, 06:57 PM
Prometheus Xex

Default Duel screen and running apps...

I've got a duel screen setup finally and have a question about multiple
running apps. When, lets say, a game is running in full screen on the
primary monitor and, lets say, Winamp is running on the second, I've noticed
a pain in the butt problem. When I want to change a tune on Winamp, the
game squishes down to the taskbar before I can access Winamp, even though
it's on the other monitor. Is there a way to stop this annoyance? I've
tried using Hydravision or Ultramon, but both come up with the same results.
Is there another multiple monitor app that gets around this, or am I out of
luck.

- Prometheus Xex

Old September 5th 04, 07:13 PM
Inglo

On 9/5/2004 10:57 AM Prometheus Xex brightened our day with:

I've got a duel screen setup finally and have a question about multiple
running apps. When, lets say, a game is running in full screen on the
primary monitor and, lets say, Winamp is running on the second, I've noticed
a pain in the butt problem. When I want to change a tune on Winamp, the
game squishes down to the taskbar before I can access Winamp, even though
it's on the other monitor. Is there a way to stop this annoyance? I've
tried using Hydravision or Ultramon, but both come up with the same results.
Is there another multiple monitor app that gets around this, or am I out of
luck.

- Prometheus Xex

5 entries found for duel.
du·el Audio pronunciation of "duel" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (dl, dy-)
n.

1. A prearranged, formal combat between two persons, usually fought
to settle a point of honor.
2. A struggle for domination between two contending persons, groups,
or ideas.

v. du·eled, or du·elled du·el·ing, or du·el·ling du·els or du·els
v. tr.

1. To engage (another) in or as if in formal combat.
2. To oppose actively and forcefully.

v. intr.

To engage in or as if in formal combat.

5 entries found for dual.
du·al Audio pronunciation of "dual" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (dl, dy-)
adj.

1. Composed of two usually like or complementary parts; double: dual
controls for pilot and copilot; a car with dual exhaust pipes.
2. Having a double character or purpose: a belief in the dual nature
of reality.
3. Grammar. Of, relating to, or being a number category that
indicates two persons or things, as in Greek, Sanskrit, and Old English.

n. Grammar

1. The dual number.
2. An inflected form of a noun, adjective, pronoun, or verb used with
two items or people.

--
History shows again and again
How nature points up the folly of men

Steve ¤»Inglo«¤
www.inglostadt.com

Old September 6th 04, 03:44 AM
H3LpM3P1z

"Prometheus Xex" wrote in message et.cable.rogers.com...
I've got a duel screen setup finally and have a question about multiple
running apps. When, lets say, a game is running in full screen on the
primary monitor and, lets say, Winamp is running on the second, I've noticed
a pain in the butt problem. When I want to change a tune on Winamp, the
game squishes down to the taskbar before I can access Winamp, even though
it's on the other monitor. Is there a way to stop this annoyance? I've
tried using Hydravision or Ultramon, but both come up with the same results.
Is there another multiple monitor app that gets around this, or am I out of
luck.

- Prometheus Xex

Hard from me to explain this, so I'm just gonna say it.

This happens because winamp is actually running in the background.
The only thing is that Winamp is displayed on the 2nd monitor.
Consider the 2nd monitor as "what's in the background" viewer.

It's like on a single monitor. You open Winamp and then load the full
screen game. If you want to change music, you have to ALT-TAB to
winamp (which minimizes the game to the taskbar) and change it. Same
thing with dual display, expect you just see the winamp player on the
2nd monitor. So, what you gotta understand here is... IT'S RUNNING IN
THE BACKGROUND...

....just put a porn pic on the second monitor and jack off as you play.
That's all that dual display crap is good for. Besides, you
shouldn't run any other applications while playing a game. It'll lag
it. Unless you have a strong video card, cpu with HT, and lots of
memory. Well, bye!!

And oh... I think the other guy was making fun of you because you
typed "duel" sceen. When you should've typed "dual". Two, not fight.
=)

Motherboard: Asus P5AD2 Premium
PSU: Antec 550 Watt
CPU: Intel Pentium 3.2Ghz 1MB L2 Cache /w HT
Hard Drive: Western Digital 36.7GB SATA 10K-RPM
Memory: OCZ Enhanced Bandwidth DDR2 PC2-4200 533Mhz
1GB (2x512MB) Dual Channel (4-3-3-12)
Audio: Integrated 7.1 channel C-Media
Video Card: ASUS ATI RADEON X800 XT PCI-Express (not Platinum
Edition)
OS: Windows XP Pro /w SP2 + all updates, DirectX 9.0c
CD-Drive 1: Asus 52x CD-ROM
CD-Drive 2: Sony DVD/CD 4x-R+R-RW+RW Combo Drive
Old September 6th 04, 04:46 PM
Prometheus Xex

Thanks, I knew all this. I was just wondering if this can be
circumnavigated. I remember coming across a Microsoft app that could male a
computer think it was two computers. Perhaps I will look into it. Also my
kid routinely runs games, while I'm downloading and listening to Winamp
through my second soundcard hooked into my house system.

- Px

"H3LpM3P1z" wrote in message
om...
"Prometheus Xex" wrote in message
et.cable.rogers.com...
I've got a duel screen setup finally and have a question about multiple
running apps. When, lets say, a game is running in full screen on the
primary monitor and, lets say, Winamp is running on the second, I've
noticed
a pain in the butt problem. When I want to change a tune on Winamp, the
game squishes down to the taskbar before I can access Winamp, even though
it's on the other monitor. Is there a way to stop this annoyance? I've
tried using Hydravision or Ultramon, but both come up with the same
results.
Is there another multiple monitor app that gets around this, or am I out
of
luck.

Drive