AUX/IN on 8KNXP motherboard

Old January 29th 04, 03:29 AM
Striker

Default AUX/IN on 8KNXP motherboard

I am plugging in a MSI TV@nywhere Master into my AUX/IN
socket on the motherboard. I keep getting a loud hiss from my speakers when
I boot up. If I unplug the cord, the hissing stops. When I go into the
volume control properties I don't have a AUX/IN in the volume controls. I
can't use the LINE/IN socket in the back because I have a set of speakers in
it. Does anyone have any idea what could be the problem or know why there
isn't a AUX/IN control in the volume controls?
Thanks,

Old January 29th 04, 08:18 PM
Striker

I did install the driver that came with the board. Maybe I should go to the
site and see if there is an update. Do you have a AUX/IN control in your
volume control properties?
Thanks,

"Dumdedo" wrote in message
On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 03:29:03 GMT, "Striker" wrote:

I am plugging in a MSI TV@nywhere Master into my AUX/IN
socket on the motherboard. I keep getting a loud hiss from my speakers

when
I boot up. If I unplug the cord, the hissing stops. When I go into the
volume control properties I don't have a AUX/IN in the volume controls. I
can't use the LINE/IN socket in the back because I have a set of speakers

in
it. Does anyone have any idea what could be the problem or know why there
isn't a AUX/IN control in the volume controls?
Thanks,

I think you have the Default Windows driver, use the Full install on the
Driver software..

Old January 30th 04, 03:25 AM
Exp315

"Striker" wrote:
Does anyone have any idea what could be the problem or know why there
isn't a AUX/IN control in the volume controls?

Open Volume Control and select Options/Properties - you should see a
check box for the Aux volume control. If you don't have it, then you
probably don't have the right driver installed for your sound system.
Old January 30th 04, 03:41 AM
Striker

I don't have AUX/IN in there. I have a bunch of other choices but no
AUX/IN. I just downloaded and installed the newest sound drivers
from the gigabyte site. Still no AUX/IN. This is really got me confused. I
have my TV card plugged in there and I have no control of the volume unless
I turn the speakers up/down.

"Exp315" wrote in message
om...

Old January 30th 04, 11:09 AM
Striker

The one I used was 19meg.

"Dumdedo" wrote in message
On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 03:41:35 GMT, "Striker" wrote:

I don't have AUX/IN in there. I have a bunch of other choices but no
AUX/IN. I just downloaded and installed the newest sound drivers
from the gigabyte site. Still no AUX/IN. This is really got me confused.

have my TV card plugged in there and I have no control of the volume

unless
I turn the speakers up/down.

Their are 2 versions of the Drivers, one is some 18megs , use that one..

"Exp315" wrote in message
. com...

Old January 30th 04, 02:36 PM
Kilgore Trout Jr

Page 89 of the MB Manual has this note which says you must disable the
Universal Audio Jack function to use Aux IN.

Note:

If you want to use AUX IN function, you must disable UAJ function from the
Speaker Configuration

item in the AC97 Audio Configuation menu. After that, you'll have to use the
Line-In volume lever

in the "Volume Control" menu to adjust the volume because AUX IN and Line-In
functions are

controlled by the same audio signals.

Old January 30th 04, 09:45 PM
Striker

Yep, that was it! I don't know how I missed that in the book. I thought I
looked all over for something about AUX/IN. Thanks a bunch.
I might be returning the ATI TVWonder card though. Since I got the sound
working, I had the screen on the TV for a while. Now after about five
minutes the screen freezes and I have to ALT-Ctrl- Del to get out of the
program. keeps doing it, too. Not just a one time shot.
Always something. Thanks again.

ink.net...

Old January 30th 04, 11:25 PM
Striker

Just to let you know what I found out about why the TV card was locking up.
I called ATI and they said that all TV cards weren't compatible with
HyperThreading. Said to either to disable it in the BIOS or call Microsoft
for a patch. Said there was an issue with WinXP and HyperThreading. He said
that it would come out
in Service Pack 2 whenever that will be. If they have a patch, I don't see
why they won't give it out in Windows Update. Anyway, I disabled it and it
works fine now. Thanks for your help.