S-video output to TV no color .

Old May 6th 06, 01:01 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati

Default S-video output to TV no color .

Hi ,
I have have compaq presario laptop with ATI radeon express 200M ,i try
connecting the s-video output with a 4-pin and 6-pin cable to a TV. 4-pin
display without color on the TV while 6-pin display nothing. So how am i
going to get the TV to display with color?

Old May 6th 06, 05:44 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati

Make sure your TV set is set up to receive an s-video signal. On my
TV-set there is a separate AV channel for s-video input; AV1, AV2 and
AV2S. With s-video connected AV2 shows a b&w image and AV2S shows the
correct color image (AV1 obviously nothing since it is a physically
different slot).

Old May 6th 06, 07:14 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati

"gataway" wrote in message
Hi ,
I have have compaq presario laptop with ATI radeon express 200M ,i try
connecting the s-video output with a 4-pin and 6-pin cable to a TV. 4-pin
display without color on the TV while 6-pin display nothing. So how am i
going to get the TV to display with color?

Make sure you've set your video drivers to output s-video and not composite.
If you send composite, it is B&W

Old May 12th 06, 06:25 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati

Check your TV manual to see which AV channel (or both, or any) support
s-video signal. If no s-video support exists, you need to configure your
pc to output a composite signal. This is usually done from ATI driver
settings, but on laptops there might be some other device setting somewhere.

Old May 24th 06, 03:41 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati

The driver does not provide any settings for my s-video output in composite
or s-video mode. does it means that with a s-video output only TV with
s-video input will get to work with well with my laptop?

Old May 24th 06, 04:26 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati

That could be. With my laptop there came a small adapter cable (about 10
cm long, s-video plug in one end and a yellow composite on the other)
which needs to be plugged in if I want to use composite.

The composite/s-video driver option isn't even visible if the adapter
isn't present (defaults to s-video), but when I plug it in the option
becomes available. Graphic card being ATI Mobility X1600 (and the laptop
Asus A6Ja).

Old May 28th 06, 04:06 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati

i bought an s-video to composite cable adapter from auction, but the problem
is it's a 7pin type with an when i use it it doesnt display anything at all.
Unlike the 4pin type i still have display but black and white.