7200 RPM hard drive for Inspiron 5100

Old May 14th 06, 01:17 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

Default 7200 RPM hard drive for Inspiron 5100

Does anyone know if I can get a 7200 RPM hard drive for my I5100?
Old May 14th 06, 01:46 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

wrote in message
Does anyone know if I can get a 7200 RPM hard drive for my I5100?

Yep. An example:

http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/Produc...tCode=100519-1

The extra RPM's will cost you a bit more.

Old May 14th 06, 05:22 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

S.Lewis wrote:
wrote in message

Does anyone know if I can get a 7200 RPM hard drive for my I5100?

Yep. An example:

http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/Produc...tCode=100519-1

The extra RPM's will cost you a bit more.

Not just financially; expect a shorter battery life and louder machine
with the new, faster HDD. With that said, most people find the
difference in speed noticeable (esp. on disk oriented tasks like booting
up). Whether it's worth the price is a matter of opinion. Personally
I'd consider the 7200RPM drive for a desktop replacement, but not for an
ultra light or a machine that I frequently travel with.
Old May 14th 06, 09:52 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

S.Lewis wrote:

wrote in message

Does anyone know if I can get a 7200 RPM hard drive for my I5100?

Yep. An example:

http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/Produc...tCode=100519-1

The extra RPM's will cost you a bit more.

Wow, looks dirt cheap now! I paid $223 for mine 2 years ago from ZZF
(and I waited a while for the price to come down).

It did give me a noticeable performance boost, however.
Old May 14th 06, 02:41 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

wrote:

Does anyone know if I can get a 7200 RPM hard drive for my I5100?

you might want to check out Newegg:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...ubCategory=380

They seem to have the 60GB model in stock & cheaper then ZipZoomFly
Old May 14th 06, 05:16 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

I'm also in the market for a few mobile drives.
Does anyone have experience with the Seagate Momentus?
Pricing is usually a little higher than Hitachi Travelstar, but they do
have 5 year warranties.

It seems that every drive that goes bad - that i see - is a travelstar,
but that could be because they outsell the other brands?? I dont know.
Old May 14th 06, 06:19 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

Toshibas have a poor track record based on my experience. Replaced quite a few
in Dell notebooks.

Seagate is OK by me... Ben Myers

Old May 14th 06, 10:08 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

Sparky Spartacus wrote:
wrote:

Does anyone know if I can get a 7200 RPM hard drive for my I5100?

you might want to check out Newegg:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...ubCategory=380

They seem to have the 60GB model in stock & cheaper then ZipZoomFly

When ordering from newegg, be sure to review their return policies.
They charge a 15% restocking fee for working returns out of packaging,
and some OEM components can only be exchanged for a like OEM component
in case of failure.

Old May 16th 06, 03:58 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

On Sat, 13 May 2006 20:17:03 -0400, "
wrote:

Does anyone know if I can get a 7200 RPM hard drive for my I5100?

Just a note -- for personal use the 5400 100G drives have given me
great performance with my P-M 2Ghz and Core Duo 1.8.. Ghz. So, I
think I would again choose capacity over RPM, but it depends on what
you're going to use it for. For non-server consumer uses, I love the
5400's and it may provide better battery life.

Journey

Multi-boot Windows XP without special software Timothy Daniels Storage (alternative) 24 September 23rd 08 08:52 AM
Ghost 10 sucks for drive cloning.... S.Lewis Dell Computers 91 March 13th 06 06:59 PM
Hard Drive Temperature Nehmo General 36 October 27th 05 12:35 AM
Hard Drive Temperature Nehmo Storage (alternative) 37 October 27th 05 12:35 AM
how to test psu and reset to cmos to default Tanya General 23 February 7th 05 09:56 AM