What are these called???

Old January 20th 08, 06:00 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Calab

Default What are these called???

I'm interested in something I've seen, but don't know what they're called...

Basically, you mount three SATA hard drives into this frame, and this frame
installs in two 5.25" bays.

I've also seen four SATA drives mounted into the space of three 5.25" bays.

Any idea what these are called and where they can be purchased? Preferably
in Canada.

Old January 20th 08, 07:06 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Paul

Calab wrote:
I'm interested in something I've seen, but don't know what they're called...

Basically, you mount three SATA hard drives into this frame, and this frame
installs in two 5.25" bays.

I've also seen four SATA drives mounted into the space of three 5.25" bays.

Any idea what these are called and where they can be purchased? Preferably
in Canada.

There is an example of a 4-in-3 here. The fan that it comes with, looks
like a good idea, as that can help keep the drives cool. I didn't know
the scheme came in smaller sizes (3-in-2 ?)

http://www.coolermaster.com/products...detail&id=2542

Paul
Old January 20th 08, 08:15 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Ken Maltby

"Calab" wrote in message
I'm interested in something I've seen, but don't know what they're
called...

Basically, you mount three SATA hard drives into this frame, and this
frame installs in two 5.25" bays.

I've also seen four SATA drives mounted into the space of three 5.25"
bays.

Any idea what these are called and where they can be purchased? Preferably
in Canada.

You might try:

http://www.provantage.com/~HOME.htm

They are in Ohio, USA but they ship worldwide.

Luck;
Ken

Old January 20th 08, 08:17 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
sandy58

On Jan 20, 6:00 am, "Calab" wrote:
I'm interested in something I've seen, but don't know what they're called...

Basically, you mount three SATA hard drives into this frame, and this frame
installs in two 5.25" bays.

I've also seen four SATA drives mounted into the space of three 5.25" bays.

Any idea what these are called and where they can be purchased? Preferably
in Canada.

Says in Paul's posted pic "4-in-3 Device Module
(STB-3T4-E3-GP)"